Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Why the heck are the Avs the favourites?

Landeskog is likely done with hockey, they have a big hole at 2C

Have a declining asset in girard and a pending UFA in toews.

I dont think there is any juggernaut contender next year. No one who is ahead of another similar team

That can change as the draft+f/a goes along
Totally agree. Playoffs are about luck, hot goalies and hoping the refs like you more than the other team.

Odds are just there for the bookies to make money.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Maple Leafs kiss of death in the playoffs goes back even further than I realized.

Add the 2013 Bruins to this list as well. The only team in the last 30 years who actually went on to win the Cup after beating the Leafs in the postseason was the 2000 Devils.

Of course, this means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things but it is a crazy stat how often the teams that beat us lose to the eventual champions, destined to not win the Cup themselves.

Also add LA Kings in 1993, Vancouver Canucks in 1994, Buffalo Sabres in 1999, Carolina Hurricanes in 2002. And technically the Philadelphia Flyers in 2004 when they beat Toronto in the second round and lost to Tampa the next, who went on to win the cup.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lol golden boy is picking his own assistant GM before the new GM is even named, talk about a puppet master. This new GM will be the biggest yes man stooge in the NHL. Dubas is a beauty.

My brief fandom of Jason Spezza pretty much dead ends here. He’s a Dubas guy before a Leaf guy.

Also, will be pretty funny finding that GM who will have no autonomy but will somehow need Spezza as an assistant while having Dubas as a meddlesome boss above. What could be more comfortable?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Thought this was pretty cool when looking at the entire situation. Cassidy reaching out to a guy like Mark Stone before deciding to sign on as coach for the Knights:

"Back when Cassidy was contemplating that next move, he talked to Mark Stone, the captain of the Golden Knights. He had one main question for Stone, who had been with Vegas for four seasons. He wanted to know whether the team really cared, whether it really could win.

Stone said yes.

"I think he cares so much about winning and that's why I think he jelled with our group because our team cares so much," Stone said. "We wanted to win the Stanley Cup. He wanted to win the Stanley Cup. He pushed us hard this season. He pushed a lot of buttons to help us get here.

"But I think like you saw, the tears in his eyes, he just wanted to win like the rest of us. I think that's why he chose to come here."

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Thought this was pretty cool when looking at the entire situation. Cassidy reaching out to a guy like Mark Stone before deciding to sign on as coach for the Knights:

"Back when Cassidy was contemplating that next move, he talked to Mark Stone, the captain of the Golden Knights. He had one main question for Stone, who had been with Vegas for four seasons. He wanted to know whether the team really cared, whether it really could win.

Stone said yes.

"I think he cares so much about winning and that's why I think he jelled with our group because our team cares so much," Stone said. "We wanted to win the Stanley Cup. He wanted to win the Stanley Cup. He pushed us hard this season. He pushed a lot of buttons to help us get here.

"But I think like you saw, the tears in his eyes, he just wanted to win like the rest of us. I think that's why he chose to come here."
Love to know what Johnny would say if he was given truth serum.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
My brief fandom of Jason Spezza pretty much dead ends here. He’s a Dubas guy before a Leaf guy.

Also, will be pretty funny finding that GM who will have no autonomy but will somehow need Spezza as an assistant while having Dubas as a meddlesome boss above. What could be more comfortable?

"Hey Spezza! Double caramel macchiato with light cream."

"Got it boss!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad