NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season III - Canucks Ravaged by Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Ultimately we won’t see a guy like this stop until it truly hurts his team. Either the on-ice officials do a better job and get the penalties right, or other teams start taking liberties with his better teammates. Personally I don’t care about the suspensions. I want to see 5 minute power plays, and I want to see guys looking for on ice payback.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Shortened sentence for a repeat offender because of a shortened season. I bet a lot of people who break the law wish they could get a reduced sentence or fine since they haven't been able to work as much during the lockdown. What a joke...Carlo doesn't get reduced injury time. It is an insult.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Even if it’s a shortened season that should have played NO part in it. The suspension should be what boarding dictates. Now the seven games Wilson is missing will that be as much as Carlo is missing. What about the cross check afterwards I forget who but why isn’t he suspended too.

I don’t agree with the call of seven games. But if they gave him ten people would say 15 . If he got that they say 20. Me personally I would have given him 15-20 because it was a cheap hit. I don’t care if he didn’t leave his skates or hit him shoulder wise it was unacceptable. Plus don’t give me the nonsense first time offender if you don’t do anything in two years you go back clean lol.

Just think if Marchand did this people would be calling 911 and have him arrested on assault lol. You know it and I do as well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looking at the teams stats and Comtois is so much better than anybody else on the ducks it’s ridiculous

Reactions: Kegs

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
great to see the NHL continuing it`s tradition of taking hits from behind or that involve a vulnerable player seriously, absolute joke
Only if it was. From the replay that I saw I think he gave that option up and decided to inch forward enough to hit Carlo's head into the glass.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Embarrassing. Start doubling up the suspension each time and maybe he'll get the f***ing message.
And tell the f***ing refs to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt, if you see a player fall to the ice holding his goddamn head after a Wilson hit, assume he tried to end someone's career for the 5th or 6th time and kick him out.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The more I think about the reason for shortening it to 7 games, the more ticked off I get. How about the impact of losing one our top D in the shortened season? How is this fair when one of the main competitors in the division gets a shortened suspension? It should impact them as much as it impacts the Bruins. Same old crap.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Even if it’s a shortened season that should have played NO part in it. The suspension should be what boarding dictates. Now the seven games Wilson is missing will that be as much as Carlo is missing. What about the cross check afterwards I forget who but why isn’t he suspended too.

I don’t agree with the call of seven games. But if they gave him ten people would say 15 . If he got that they say 20. Me personally I would have given him 15-20 because it was a cheap hit. I don’t care if he didn’t leave his skates or hit him shoulder wise it was unacceptable. Plus don’t give me the nonsense first time offender if you don’t do anything in two years you go back clean lol.

Just think if Marchand did this people would be calling 911 and have him arrested on assault lol. You know it and I do as well.
Jakub Vrana #13 is the one who cross checked Carlo when he was down on the ice. Another Dirtbag!.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Wow u guys are still so angry. It’s hockey. It’s a violent sport. It happens. 7 games is a strong punishment. He deserves it. He also got fined over $300k. It’s a harsh punishment. I’m happy with it. I hope Carlo recovers quickly. And I hope Wilson gets his face punched in every time he plays the bruins forever.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Wow u guys are still so angry. It’s hockey. It’s a violent sport. It happens. 7 games is a strong punishment. He deserves it. He also got fined over $300k. It’s a harsh punishment. I’m happy with it. I hope Carlo recovers quickly. And I hope Wilson gets his face punched in every time he plays the bruins forever.

Justifying actions only Wilson makes at this point is why he continues to do so.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As someone up above said, a potential big problem is that his head coach has voluntarily doubled down on how he saw it as a “hockey hit”. He has gone beyond simply defending his own player. He genuinely expresses that he objectively sees no issue with the hit.

It seems like almost every dangerous hit Wilson throws is the result of the game picking up in physical intensity and him having no ability to not go over the line that pretty much every other player can walk correctly. If Laviolette (and probably the rest of the team) sees no issue with the hit, will it not just make him more angry that he got suspended for what is apparently an okay hit? Maybe I’m going a bit overboard with the psychology but I don’t think it can be understated that his own team isn’t helping the situation at all by outwardly claiming that an obviously dirty hit was a “hockey hit”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad