Around The League - 2021 offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Can't forget this E Kane classic
twitter-picture-of-kane-holding-stacks-of-cash-stirs-social-media-hornets-nest.jpg
Kane then hurled the money off the balcony, which he later realized was mistake.

He’s not the first sports star to be taken down by gambling and some really famous ones were rich enough to blow ridiculous amounts on it and still remain rich.

Having shit blow up like this publicly with your pregnant wife almost immediately after you’re financially ruined and publicly humiliated by bankruptcy is a pretty next level screw up though. (And he just turned 30 so youth as a shitty excuse is definitely in the rear view mirror at this point.) Sharks must be impressed.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wonder if the Eichel situation is holding up what the Devils are doing to snag a winger or two?
If for example the Wild or Vegas is wanting Eichel but need to move salary , Fiala was mentioned as going to arbitration and could be moved.
If the Wild need to move him with zero retention have limited salary coming back , then we could do that. Same with Vegas but not sure who they would move. If it is Tuch , I would take a long hard look into what it would take . His injury hurts though as im not sure how long he is out for.
Just a possibility that could be going on and waiting to see what shakes out. Maybe Tarasenko is the backup plan but seeing if we could potentially get a better player form the team trading for Eichel?

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I wonder if the Eichel situation is holding up what the Devils are doing to snag a winger or two?
If for example the Wild or Vegas is wanting Eichel but need to move salary , Fiala was mentioned as going to arbitration and could be moved.
If the Wild need to move him with zero retention have limited salary coming back , then we could do that. Same with Vegas but not sure who they would move. If it is Tuch , I would take a long hard look into what it would take . His injury hurts though as im not sure how long he is out for.
Just a possibility that could be going on and waiting to see what shakes out. Maybe Tarasenko is the backup plan but seeing if we could potentially get a better player form the team trading for Eichel?
I think you are WAY over thinking this. What is happening is fairly common. There is a flurry of activity when FA opens and than there is a lull in activity until it gets closer to camp. There is very little reason to believe the Devils will be involved in a major trade. It will be a minor one like Tank or they will sign a remaining UFA. Either way not much to get excited/worry about IMO.

Reactions: Forge

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The Sharks are my pick to be the worst team in the league for the coming season. Remember when everyone was praising how shrewd Doug Wilson’s moves were as GM? Now all he’s got is (allegedly) hockey’s Pete Rose and a bunch of truly awful contracts. They’re screwed for the foreseeable future.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
There has been a few interviews that state that we are not done adding and want to add a forward or two . Hopefully it’s one or both of Tatar and Tarasenko . I agree that a trade is probably unlikely but I wouldn’t rule it out completely

Reactions: Hisch13r

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I’m confident we’ll get Tarasenko, it’s just gonna be a while. We have something the Islanders (pending the end of Lou’s enforced radio silence) and Rangers don’t have and that’s lot of cap space to add his entire contract to.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I’m confident we’ll get Tarasenko, it’s just gonna be a while. We have something the Islanders (pending the end of Lou’s enforced radio silence) and Rangers don’t have and that’s lot of cap space to add his entire contract to.
unless lou or drury have the blues hold some cap and sweeten the pot

and the isles aren't as low on cap as i thought - yes, they have to re-sign beauvillier, sorokin, pelech, but they have 17m in cap. and next year they drop boychuk and komarov, which frees up another 7m

if we don't get tara, i hope armstrong rips off lou and gives him the full contract for beau or something

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
The Sharks are my pick to be the worst team in the league for the coming season. Remember when everyone was praising how shrewd Doug Wilson’s moves were as GM? Now all he’s got is (allegedly) hockey’s Pete Rose and a bunch of truly awful contracts. They’re screwed for the foreseeable future.

I mean, if they accept their rebuild, we could help fill their pantry for one mr meier.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
lol i was lookin at what they did do their 2019 and 2020 1st rd picks

traded for evander kane and erik karlsson LOL

oh, and they gave the sens josh norris BAHAHA

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

The blues don't need anyone to take on the full contract, however. That's important to note. I don't think that they will retain, but I think that they will certainly be willing to take back someone like Komarov to lessen some of the Tarasenko burden for a team like the islanders.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The blues don't need anyone to take on the full contract, however. That's important to note. I don't think that they will retain, but I think that they will certainly be willing to take back someone like Komarov to lessen some of the Tarasenko burden for a team like the islanders.

That sweetener better be amazing then

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
There has been a few interviews that state that we are not done adding and want to add a forward or two . Hopefully it’s one or both of Tatar and Tarasenko . I agree that a trade is probably unlikely but I wouldn’t rule it out completely

Let’s keep in mind that it’s was clearly stated they are looking but wouldn’t chase. Meaning there is by no means a guarantee the Devils will add anyone. I get the desire but sometimes we all get lost in acquiring players and lose it if nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad