Around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In Anaheim.
I didn't see that much problems as some state. I didn't had a problem with Eakins, but with whoever was in charge over special teams.
We had some bad slumps as a team, sure, but I think Eakins as well adapted. For the most part I was excited to see the games even if I knew we were going to lose (because of the lack of talent).

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
They definitely need to move one of Kane, Couture or Hertl.
Someday Eklund & Bordeleau will need a pay raise and clearing out one of those will help in the long term for that.
Or Karlsson, Burns, or Vlasic.

It's like they competed to get as much Albatros contracts as possible

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Or Karlsson, Burns, or Vlasic.

It's like they competed to get as much Albatros contracts as possible
Looking at the ones more likely to be moved. Now that i think of it Couture is darn hard to move too.
Its looking like Kane, Hertl, Labanc or Meier are the easiest way for them to clear cap.
With the Hawks and Kings it made more sense because they were being awarded for winning cups
and they want that incentive for star players to carry a team to a cup win in order to get massive pay day.

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What was the coaching situation like this season?
Don't know how much you watched, but the main issue this year (as opposed to last year) was the power play, which ended up being statistically the worst power play in history. The power play was also bad last year of course, but the main issue (to me) last year was a lack of cohesion/execution/faith in the coach's plan. Perhaps it wasn't communicated well or maybe it was too complicated for our group of misfits to stick to.

But anyway, this past year the Ducks were in most games and did a much better job of sticking to the plan and sticking up for each other. Even so, every coach except Eakins is now gone, so it'll make year-over-year comparisons of how the team behaves pretty easy to attribute to him. Assuming there's no confounding factor introduced, like I dunno a franchise 1C or something.

Reactions: Exit Dose and Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not only did the Sharks have 3 contracts on Dom Luszczyszyn's top 10 worst contracts list (Karlsson, Vlasic, Couture), but their best player from last season seems to be at odds with everyone in the organization.
Evander Kane's relationship with Sharks teammates and the organization may be irreparable
I feel for Shark fans on this, it is like the Angels with the Josh Hamilton situation except that Kane is a great player on the ice and Hamilton sucked.

Their GM won't do a rebuild because it would admit his plan was wrong and he'd be fired.
If Doug Wilson wanted to do a rebuild and Tank for Wright and Bedard then he would have bought out Vlasic instead of Jones, keeping Jones to be Tank Commander.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
If they follow the NBA model, only the ones the players wear will have the patches on them. Retail jerseys shouldn’t have them.

ahh that’s good to know. I’ve been holding off getting a jersey for so long haha

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Doesn't affect the product on the ice and it makes the league money which in turn gets the cap back going up so it's fine by me.

Except things like this will never be reversed. Everything could be back to 100% normal and the NHL would never say "we don't want that money anymore, take off the patches". It will be here to stay, and then it will be two patches, then three...

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad