Around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think this is great news, I hope he's able to make it in the NHL.
Players have a hard time disclosing anything that makes them very different from the typical athlete because fear of being bullied and judged by teammates, how people will react and treat them and that includes the media too. Whether it be Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Autism or Mental Illness its a tough thing to come out with. Lehner saying he's bipolar was barrier broken a few years ago.

Any barrier being broken is gonna help other players break barriers as well.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So Hall re-signs for 4 years with Boston.
Considering the age of Bergeron and Krecji is it that wise of a choice for Hall ?

I think he'd have been better off signing with the Islanders, Hurricanes, Lightning(1 year deal), Avalanche who have longer cup windows.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I respect Hall for doing that, honestly. He could have cashed out on an 8 year deal.

In this case he gets a chance to win and if it goes south they will trade him. Or he becomes a UFA again at 33

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I respect Hall for doing that, honestly. He could have cashed out on an 8 year deal.

In this case he gets a chance to win and if it goes south they will trade him. Or he becomes a UFA again at 33
Plus, he gets to just enjoy being on a good team for a while. I can see being willing to trade four years of guaranteed salary for actually being competitive.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Plus, he gets to just enjoy being on a good team for a while. I can see being willing to trade four years of guaranteed salary for actually being competitive.
Exactly. Especially when you’ve “already made your money” for the most part. But there are still a ton of guys who would have told their agent to get them the most cash possible. So I respect him for wanting to win

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So Hall re-signs for 4 years with Boston.
Considering the age of Bergeron and Krecji is it that wise of a choice for Hall ?

I think he'd have been better off signing with the Islanders, Hurricanes, Lightning(1 year deal), Avalanche who have longer cup windows.

Bruins also have Pasta and McAvoy who are two of the best at their position and are early to mid twenties. But yeah they need to find a succession plan to Bergeron if they want to stay competitive. Seemingly though Bergeron is ageless, he’s almost like Teemu in that respect.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bruins also have Pasta and McAvoy who are two of the best at their position and are early to mid twenties. But yeah they need to find a succession plan to Bergeron if they want to stay competitive. Seemingly though Bergeron is ageless, he’s almost like Teemu in that respect.
True he could keep playing elite til he's 40 or so.
If he doesn't then I guess it's easy to move Hall 2 years from now with only 2 remaining at that time.

Reactions: Paul4587

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
i won't count seattle out just based off vegas's first season, but that roster right now looks brutal

Vegas's drafted roster was not great, yes, but the side deals made them good. They ended up with 3 1sts and a bunch of serviceable players ? Seattle ended up with.....nothing.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
i won't count seattle out just based off vegas's first season, but that roster right now looks brutal

While Vegas had a bunch of guys who took big steps once they got there they still also had some proven, effective scorers and Fleury in net. Seattle has a solid if unspectacular D but basically nothing up front in terms of scoring and a pretty unproven goaltending room. We'll see what they do, I guess, but this doesn't look like Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad