GDT: Around the League - 2021/22 - Playoffs edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Byfield is going to grow up to be one tank of a man, good grief.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Why is the NHL promoting gambling?
I find it strange that everyone will be up in arms if there is a hint of woke stuff but nobody is saying anything about promoting gambling before, during and highlights of games where parents often watch with their kids.
Because single game betting is legal in Ontario. So obviously betting sites will partner with sports networks because thats their only target audience

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It's fitting seeing the Oiler fans salt about the Leafs and then having a former Leafs prospect get the gwg.

Edit: assist on, sorry.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
Didn't watch this game but I do see that McDavid and Drai has 1 point between them in 5 vs 5 situation, all I gotta say is Oilers fans better get use to watching Danualt frustrate their star players during 5 vs 5 and hope that the refs hands out PPs like candies during these series. Most annoying defensive minded forward in the NHL, I'm glad the Habs allowed Bergevin to ruin their team during the past offseason.

Reactions: 2 Slick

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hyman with no points again.
Loved what he brought to the Leafs but players like him are very replaceable.

That contract will haunt them within 1-2 years. He’s already taken a step back this year. Points are there only because he plays on the PP which he never really did in Toronto.

Reactions: 2 Slick

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Oilers fans chirping the Leafs and their fans in their out of town GDT lol saying how it's annoying how fans chant SOUP every time Campbell makes a save. At least he can make a save, unlike Smith who gave the game to the Kings on a silver platter. KARMA always is a bitch and it ALWAYS wins.

They have lost 7 straight playoff games.

2 against Chicago. Swept against Winnipeg. And now down 1-0 to LA. They haven’t won a playoff game since 2017.

Reactions: HolyCrap

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Take a look at the 2018 Toronto Marlies. They won the Calder Cup that year, look at the players on that team and what they've done since. It's really a story of solid development. As long as we have Matthews, Marner and Nylander the Marlies can produce solid role players for us going forward.

Andreas Johnsson - 7th round pick, leading scorer on the team. Currently a 0.5 ppg player that can play in all phases of the game. He's a solid bottom 6 forward on most teams in the league.

Pierre Engvall - Another 7th rounder. Not even a bottom 6 player, he's legit a middle 6 player this year. Another guy that can be trusted to play in all phases of the game.

Trevor Moore - Undrafted free agent. Had his breakout season this year, outplayed McDrai in his first playoff game for LA.

Travis Dermott - Kinda sad he didn't work out in Toronto but we're legit stacked on the left side - Rielly, Giordano, Muzzin, Sandin. If nothing else, a solid third pairing d-man on most teams in the league.

Justin Holl - Has been a servicable bottom 4 guy in Toronto. Was an abandoned 2nd round pick by Chicago and began his tenure with this organization in the ECHL with the Growlers.

Kasperi Kapanen - Kinda of the archtypical Leaf forward really. Versatile, speedy guy who can play in all phases of the game. I think had it not been for the pandemic cap freeze, we would have kept one of Kapanen or Johnsson. I would have leaned towards Johnsson as Kapanen had issues playing the left side whereas Johnsson was more flexible.

Timothy Liljegren - Him and Kapanen were the only 1st round picks on that 2018 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad