Around the League 2019 offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They’re not in contender mode to you, me, or anyone with half a brain. Jim Benning and the Aquilinis don’t even have that. Trading a first round pick for Miller shows that they want to go for bigger things now.

It’s amazing how many idiot GMs there are in this league.

Unfortunately I feel like they are all out west

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol what a nothing return...but there is I suppose a danger Haula was a one-year wonder cause he almost didn't play at all last year

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
lol what a nothing return...but there is I suppose a danger Haula was a one-year wonder cause he almost didn't play at all last year
Ya, Haula shot 46% on the PP in 17-18. His career high prior was 15 goals and 34 points. Decent player, but I wouldn't expect him to approach 50 points again.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Who the hell is Nicolas Roy?

2nd tier prospect, unfortunately my first memory was him getting berated by Canadians on Twitter for not scoring in the 2017 WJC gold medal shootout.

I figured Haula was worth about a mid-late 2nd rounder, Roy has had a couple of callups and might be a cheap bottom six option for Vegas as soon as this year.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Good move for Carolina.

They will be contending with us for a spot in the top 3 of the Metro next season.

You think the Devils will finish top-3 in the Metro next season?

You do realize the Capitals & Penguins arent moving to the Western Conference, right?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
No, because it's still unrealistic.

Laugh out loud. Do you live inside of a bubble? What is unrealistic about that?

Columbus will be significantly worse than their 98 point campaign last season. Islanders will regress as well. You never know what you’ll get from Philadelphia. The have zero center depth after Zibanejad and a bunch of question marks on defense aside from Trouba and Skjei.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Clarkson will be moved but it won't happen until July 2 (or at least until his bonus has been paid by Vegas).

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Ya, Haula shot 46% on the PP in 17-18. His career high prior was 15 goals and 34 points. Decent player, but I wouldn't expect him to approach 50 points again.

Plus, I think it's the last year of his deal and VGK has no shot to re-sign him given the cap constraints. They took what they can get for him.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Vegas sends Haula to Carolina for Nicolas Roy

So Carolina takes on Marleau for a pick, dumps de Haan, then picks up Haula. But I is potentially playing hardball with Aho.

Bizarre. Could be genius. Likely there are cash implications that make is less bizarre.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
How. It is very realistic. Rags don’t have a competitive roster. Isles are due to step back. Jackets are losing a lot of players. Flyers have all sorts of holes.
I think to write off the Islanders and say they are going to have a step back for sure is a bit foolish, they have arguably the best coach in the league and another year of Barzel progression.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think to write off the Islanders and say they are going to have a step back for sure is a bit foolish, they have arguably the best coach in the league and another year of Barzel progression.

For the moment we don’t even know what’s going to happen with Lee or Lehner, I get they overachieved last year without JT but at SOME point you gotta stop losing key guys. Of course the Isles could also strike with win now moves over the next couple weeks, they have a wide variance of possibilities now.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018

They played above their talent level last year, Goalies had career years including a Vezina nomination. They havent even signed Lehner or Lee yet so its tough to say they will absolutely step back, but barring any major changes they arent structured to be a consistent playoff team.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Making any prognostications before free agency is foolish anyway. Someone will get Panarin, Duchene, etc and who knows what will happen with Marner and the other RFA's. More trades likely also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad