GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
member when the fluke Nashville comeback what gonna be a "season changer"?
not so much

Even if they go on a magical run, it feels like their forward corps is built around the idea of being faster than opponents and lots of dipsy doodling. In playoffs they'll face the teams that are as fast as they are (Colorado, Vegas) or the teams that play body (St Louis, Nashville). The result is easily predictable. They can't change their entire team composition with 1 player (Lucic). So it doesn't really matter what they do in the regular season it won't make a difference by the end of the season. The best they can do is to wait for a magical run, sell off good players for high picks and start from scratch... or linger in mediocrity waiting for next Miikka Kiprusoff or Jarome Iginla to magically fall into their lap.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Looks like they might be down at least one more D after this game as well. Not sure who they have in the minors, but they better hope that they’re good.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
haha, NHL.

3333EV9:31
10:29
HITCGY #58 KYLINGTON HIT VGK #75 REAVES, Def. Zone
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
That massive hit by Reaves is officially recorded as Reaves being hit by Kylington. Maybe that is why Lucic did absolutely nothing.

Reactions: McFlyingV

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He wanted to but Reaves has no desire to give Calgary momentum so Lucic tried to score instead. He kept that 0 shooting percentage intact.

Would Looch fight Reaves? I don't think he wants to take that kind of risk with his health anymore. I saw him on the bench saying "What's that? What's that?" over and over at Reaves. Then on the ice Lucic is saying something about "yeah, that's the problem...." to Reaves. Probably the end of that sentence was "that's the problem, I have to look like I care, but I would rather fight some 5'10 guy".

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Got a kick out of this:

upload_2019-11-17_21-26-54.jpeg

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
Best post from CP tonight...

"Tkachuk and Lindholm are good pieces to start a rebuild around up front.

Valimaki, Hanifin, Andersson are good pieces to start a rebuild around on the back end.

For Gaudreau - you could get a king's ransom (say two firsts and a high end prospect)
For Monahan - you could get a lot (say a high end centre prospect)
For Gio - you could trade at deadline for a 1st and a prospect
For Backlund - you could get a 1st and a good prospect
For Hamonic - you could get probably a 2nd at the deadline
For Brodie - you could get a decent young roster player at the deadline

Solid start to a rebuild. Go down to go up. Build around centres."

:laugh:

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Originally Posted by zukes
This place is ridiculous! Two out of the three first goals the Flames were robbed of scoring. Those go in and it’s a different game. They gave up as soon as the 3rd goal went in, but they were even or better before that. The puck luck and ref calls are going against them and have been for a while.

Mark my words, this team goes on a good luck run soon, the pucks start going in, guys get their confidence back, the wins start adding up and this place goes back to being happy.

The talks of blowing up the best roster (not to mention the majority of the core is very young) this team has seen since the early 90’s is just stupid. (Yes they had Kipper and Iggy, but it was not a deep roster).

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everyone saying it wasn’t Talbot’s fault tonight...well technically you’re right because he could have let in only one and still lost.

But this game was classic bad Talbot. Never makes the big save, gets beat clean way too often on unscreened shots. Then mentally falls apart in crunch time.

Flames are pressing, Vegas gets one odd man rush, there’s not even any deception on the shot and he just gets beat clean. If it’s not high glove it’s blocker side. Just completely deflating to the team. Vegas completely owns him too. There was one game where Eakin picked blocker side twice.

I’ve never seen a 6’4” goalie get beat clean as much as he does. It’s like the opposition’s shooting percentage jumps 10 points every time he’s in net. I mean come on, Karlsson and Pacioretty are good shooters, but some of those shots should be stopped. Does he ever make a reaction save? You can’t rely purely on positional play as a NHL goalie.

It actually angers me even as an Oilers fan when he lets these shots in. Like f*** dude, just make a save for once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad