GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He’s trying to remember how many giveaways he had that resulted in a goal.
n089ePr.gif

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Fluery just won me 2 extra columns in my fantasy league on the last day of the matchup! :D:thumbu:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I’ve never once been impressed by Monahan. Always says he goes as far as Johnny takes him.

He’s good in the slot and that’s really about it.

Not anything close to an all around #1 centre that actual contending teams need to have to win anything. Got exposed in the playoffs last year as a one trick pony and has looked the part ever since.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just a friendly reminder that Dougie Hamilton has 9 goals this season and Gaudreau and Monahan together have 10. But at least they don't spend their free time at museums!
Maybe they should have hit some museums in lv instead of whatever they did do lol

Reactions: McFlyingV

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Who in their right mind would take him?

:huh:

I said TO in my post. Dubas needs a goalie to take some pressure off of Andersson because they have no one that's a capable backup, which is all Talbot is at this point.

Edit: I didn't realise my phone autocorrected TO to "To" so it looks like I put "to" twice without a specific team mentioned. I'll fix that up.

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
Just a friendly reminder that Dougie Hamilton has 9 goals this season and Gaudreau and Monahan together have 10. But at least they don't spend their free time at museums!

To be fair Lindholm has 10 but he seems to have dried up.

Hanifin, I just don’t see it with him.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Sharks and Ducks have two games in hand. Could easily catch and pass the Flames in the standings.

LA has 3 games in hand and could catch the Flames if they win all three.

Therefore, a scenario exists where the Flames could find themselves quickly in last place in the Pacific.

Reactions: Bones2079

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
To be fair Lindholm has 10 but he seems to have dried up.

Hanifin, I just don’t see it with him.
Lindholm was a decent pick up in that deal (not worth Hamilton), but he was riding a SH% that he can't sustain, and it's likely to continue to drop. You're not going to see a guy who averages 2.5 shots per game score 35-40 goals this season.

Hanifin is awful. I said that when they traded for him and nothing has changed. He can skate and that is literally it. His offence is mediocre, and his defence is down right awful when it comes to own zone coverage. Carolina got the best player in that deal even with Hamilton having a rough adjustment year. Now that Carolina is playing him to his strengths he's fit in great. Calgary also gave up a nice prospect and a middle 6 winger in that deal.

Reactions: North

Bones2079

Oct 2, 2019
Tier 3 Fan
Post of the day!

I know we’re bagging on Gaudreau right now. But that’s the most unjust -5 I’ve ever seen in a game. I don’t think he was at fault for any goals against. Every single one was off the rush from a turnover. The last one he barely stepped onto the ice as Karlsson went in on a breakaway.

Talbot was ok. Made some great saves but that third goal was a back breaker and you want your goalie to stop those.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Post of the day!

I know we’re bagging on Gaudreau right now. But that’s the most unjust -5 I’ve ever seen in a game. I don’t think he was at fault for any goals against. Every single one was off the rush from a turnover. The last one he barely stepped onto the ice as Karlsson went in on a breakaway.

Talbot was ok. Made some great saves but that third goal was a back breaker and you want your goalie to stop those.
Huh? The one that Calgary challenged he literally "controlled disconnected" on the back check after Monahan turned it over. He basically turned a 2 on 1 into a 2 on 0 with that embarrassing effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad