Around the League 2019-20 Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It is pretty crazy the talent difference between the Kings and teams like Tampa and Colorado. Will be fun to get back to that level, but man its been a long attempt to climb back.
In a lot of ways when the Kings were tops, Colorado, Tampa Bay, and Dallas were nobodies and bubble teams. Just part of that ebb and flow. Hopefully the Kings ebb isn't a decade. lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Shocking. A guy sitting at home because his team sucked gets to cancel the games today? Nah. I'm done. f*** the NHL. Maybe I'll be back in December, but I'm not interested in hockey for the rest of the playoffs. I won't support a child rapist domestic abuser that was going for a knife when under orders by police to surrender. f*** him. f*** the HDA and f*** Evander Kane.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Cops don’t get to be executioners, doesn’t matter what else someone may or may not have done. I’m sure I’m gonna be real surprised to see who chimes in here...
He's not even f***ing dead. He had a knife in the car. The cops were called there on a domestic and he wasn't supposed to be there(sounds like a restraining order). He had a warrant for arrest for sexually assaulting a 15-yr-old girl and he resisted arrest. These are facts. If this is the hill the NHL is deciding to die on, then I can't in good conscience support them.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Cops don’t get to be executioners. I’m sure I’m gonna be real surprised to see who chimes in here...
you'd be calling for their heads if the police let that man get into his car and get in a high speed chase where they wreck and the kids or someone innocent gets harmed

someone with felony warrants doesn't get to just walk away from police cause he wants to

Reactions: head eyes

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
No one knows if race was the reason Blake was shot (it probably wasn't) and it certainly wasn't in the Floyd case that the cops will get off on. It's not always about race. Respect the cops and obey and you likely won't have a problem.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
you'd be calling for their heads if the police let that man get into his car and get in a high speed chase where they wreck and the kids or someone innocent gets harmed

someone with felony warrants doesn't get to just walk away from police cause he wants to
So, its okay to shoot him several times?
There is this thing called due process.. not let cops get to be judge, jury and executioner.
Get with the program here in America, dude...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He's not even f***ing dead. He had a knife in the car. The cops were called there on a domestic and he wasn't supposed to be there(sounds like a restraining order). He had a warrant for arrest for sexually assaulting a 15-yr-old girl and he resisted arrest. These are facts. If this is the hill the NHL is deciding to die on, then I can't in good conscience support them.

No, just paralyzed. I'm sure he was shot 7 times with the intention of tickling him. Unreal.

No I'd be blaming the person that did it in this hypothetical scenario.

I agree, but the cops still don't get to be judge, jury and executioner.

Reactions: tbrown33

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
When politics invades the league I love I am DONE!! Sports is the toy department of my life. And when it ceases to be that, the need for it in my life is over.

I absolutely love this board--I have been maximally educated about the sport I love while simultaneously being entertained and made to laugh out loud.
Thank you to all who contribute. You filled a hole and created a diversion in my otherwise stressful life.
God bless all of you!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Shocking. A guy sitting at home because his team sucked gets to cancel the games today? Nah. I'm done. f*** the NHL. Maybe I'll be back in December, but I'm not interested in hockey for the rest of the playoffs. I won't support a child rapist domestic abuser that was going for a knife when under orders by police to surrender. f*** him. f*** the HDA and f*** Evander Kane.

I'm right with you brother!!! And the thing is if they continue they'll get shafted to no end so they had to cave. I'm done I have nothing to say just very disappointed. No words.

Reactions: KingsofLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad