OT: Around The League: 2018-2019 - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Getting Vegas knocked out would be huge, they're the only team I think the Stars genuinely don't have a chance against.

Doesn't matter too much, but COL went 3-1-0 against VGK in the regular season. Game 7 on the road + COL in the 2nd round seems like a tough road for them to get through.

I'm still amazed at how they have a legitimately scary top 6 (Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith, Pacioretty - Stastny - Stone) after just two years. McPhee (largely courtesy oof Florida) really have done great work there. The defense is meh, though, but Fleury is good enough to cover for that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Vegas getting knocked out would be glorious . With McNabb and Reaves they have two players that are known for actively trying to injure opposing teams players.

I still don't think it'll happen but there's some hope now.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
TBH, any talk of the Blues or conf. finals is way premature. We saw a Sharks team win a game 6 when they probably shouldn't have. And anything can happen in a game 7 on NSH ice.

Game 4 is hard to win, and we have very little experience doing that. Also, the real Preds have to show up at some point, and play like they did for most of the regular season. I doubt they lay over, and could be dominant, or even in play and get the lucky bounce that sends us to game 7.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My wife and I turned the game on after she finished Madame Secretary. She is from near SJ, and immediately started cheering, then their goal went in. I blame her, LOL.

More seriously, why would the Sharks be deserving of your scorn? The Stars need opponents and they have been worthy ones for years.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The way Babcock distributes the minutes would seriously piss me off. I just don't understand why so many offensively challenged players play so much when the team desperately needs to score.

Matthews played like one shift in 5 minutes.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lmao Leafs fanbase is gonna freak the f*** out over this one. Can't wait to see their reactions

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Babcock seem to be outdated as a coach as well these days . Not quite as badly as Hitcock but some of the things he does i just can't fathom.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Damn it i hate that i was right about Vegas advancing. At least we'll see more offseason drama with the Sharks getting bounced after getting Karlsson and then investing to get Nyquist only to lose in the first round.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Reallyyy didn't want Vegas to win but it was obvious they're the better team and goaltending plays a big role in that.

Wonder where Karlsson will end up. I assume they won't re-sign him although that option is still possible of course

Nyquist is for sure gone. Looks like nothing more than a 3rd liner and is playing like one. I think the contract he ends up getting could end up ugly too although he's got good speed at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad