OT: Around The League: 2018-2019 - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I shouldn't be suprised by the Flames losing but i'm still suprised it only took 5 games. Thought they would narrowly squeak by the Avs and get destroyed next round. Looks like the Avs had different plans. They look really good now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
giphy.gif

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
little tiny boy Johnny Gaudreau doesn't have a goal in his previous two playoff runs-- maybe he should demand a trade to the Eastern Conference since he can't compete in the West!

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
little tiny boy Johnny Gaudreau doesn't have a goal in his previous two playoff runs-- maybe he should demand a trade to the Eastern Conference since he can't compete in the West!

Sample size. You can't analyze him like that dude.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
ever hear of sarcasm lmfao

What was sarcastic about your post?

"little tiny boy Johnny Gaudreau" -- true, not sarcasm

"doesn't have a goal in his previous two playoff runs" -- true, not sarcasm

"maybe he should demand a trade to the Eastern Conference since he can't compete in the West!" -- opinion, not sarcasm

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
What was sarcastic about your post?

"little tiny boy Johnny Gaudreau" -- true, not sarcasm

"doesn't have a goal in his previous two playoff runs" -- true, not sarcasm

"maybe he should demand a trade to the Eastern Conference since he can't compete in the West!" -- opinion, not sarcasm

wait- do you know what the definition of sarcasm is?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
probably not since you also fail to grasp sample sizes and the random/chaotic nature of playoff hockey compared to the regular season

this isn't the nba where the standings are set after two weeks of play

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
let me conveniently omit tye felhaber from my analysis of our failed playoff prospects :( :( and ignore the increased strength of competition

johnny gaudreau is a proven playoff performer tho

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
let me conveniently omit tye felhaber from my analysis of our failed playoff prospects :( :( and ignore the increased strength of competition

So you want me to include Felhaber? But your entire theory is it's a small sample size.. so I shouldn't include anyone in your original theory. Right?

Or I can only include them if they are doing good in a small sample, because then its ok? But if bad in a small sample it doesn't work?

Now Im confused.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
i live pretty close to the saddledome- if you didn't know any better you'd think it's an ordinary friday night

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
So you want me to include Felhaber? But your entire theory is it's a small sample size.. so I shouldn't include anyone in your original theory. Right?

Or I can only include them if they are doing good in a small sample, because then its ok? But if bad in a small sample it doesn't work?

Now Im confused.
It's just really funny how you pointed out two guys doing poorly when there's another guy doing well.

While also putting a lot of stock into 10 games of hockey

:( :( :( wh y dont they score :(

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Robertson was still 4th in the OHL in goals during his playoff run :sarcasm:maybe he's not the one that needed to pick it up on his team

Reactions: Johno

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It's just really funny how you pointed out two guys doing poorly when there's another guy doing well.

While also putting a lot of stock into 10 games of hockey

:( :( :( wh y dont they score :(

There is no need to highlight the guy doing good when the post is about then ones doing bad?

If I make a post about how Benn is shit do I need to include how Radulov is amazing?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You can meme it all you want, certain prospects under preformed during the playoffs. That is how I see it, if you see it different no problem. Dont need to agree on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad