Around the League 2018-19 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Eberle with just 2 A in 6 GP so far.
Only 1 secondary assist in NYI's blow out against LAK.

Anyone know what's going on? I neither loved or hated Eberle so I am not trying to push an agenda here, just interested in what is going on (I know it's a small sample size).
Playing bad, injured or just bad luck?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Anyone know what's going on? I neither loved or hated Eberle so I am not trying to push an agenda here, just interested in what is going on (I know it's a small sample size).

He’s a secondary player. If his center isn’t creating scoring chances for him his point totals suffered. I believe his stats last season were inflated by having two centers on the roster who were playing at a very high level.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018

LaGu I watched a few games of their's and thought Ebs looked pretty good and like his usual self (stick handling and setting up plays on the PP). If you read the Islanders threads they are saying Trotz has them playing a really boring and bland form of hockey and no one looks good offensively (edit. Except for Filpulla who NYI fans say has been a great addition to the team).

I'm guessing that isn't going to work for Eberle or make him look particularly good. Ebs is a good transition player and is good in the offensive zone but he's never been particularly great in the defensive end. Guessing Ebs and Trotz aren't going to be a great mesh but I guess we will find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaGu

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Eberle is fun to watch but imo very obviously not as effective as his points suggest. He is overpaid for what he brings.

Points/skill wise he is a top line winger. But I've always thought he is more of a mediocre top 6 guys in overall effectiveness. Just doesn't seem to be an impact guy when it matters. Very much feasts on lower competition.

Still a good player. I liked the trade for Strome for many reasons, prefer 2 way centers to one dimensional wingers, but I would say Eberle is "worth more".

Eberle will always struggle when trying to play a two way game.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
God Strome for Eberle was awful for us. Strome doesn't do anything. He's not good defensively and is below average offensively.

Eberle might cost 2.85 more than him but I rather have Ebs at $6 on this team than Strome for $3.15

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
God Strome for Eberle was awful for us. Strome doesn't do anything. He's not good defensively and is below average offensively.

Eberle might cost 2.85 more than him but I rather have Ebs at $6 on this team than Strome for $3.15
I wouldn't
Ebs has 2 assists, is still soft and brutal defensively

Strome is an effective 3rd liner thus far

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
20101126.gif

somebody ought to cover this with TSN headlines

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

This Anthony Duclair goal from last night is insane. What a play.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

Reporters: Take McDavid away from the Oilers and they are the worst team in the NHL.

Also Reporters: McDavid is not worthy of the Hart Trophy

The PHWA (as a whole) is very dumb. This is the same group that thought Malkin wasn't the top 100bplayers of all time. Allowing them to have any control over the history of the game (as far as award winners) is a travesty.

I'm still bitter they stole a Hart Trophy from McDavid lol.

Reactions: TB12 and frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad