Around the League 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
That was last week. He's served his time in the minors and paid his debt to society.
Doesn’t make it any less interesting. Is there a time limit for posting links around here....... guess I shoulda read the rule book for HF Jets Super Board

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Doesn’t make it any less interesting. Is there a time limit for posting links around here....... guess I shoulda read the rule book for HF Jets Super Board
Don't make me send you down to the Moose thread, bucko! :laugh:

I wasn't trying to reprimand you - but for those unaware of Petan getting yelled at by Babs last week, it kind of sounded like Petan was called up and then immediately called on the carpet about not skating hard enough. So just to clarify, that lazy skater was the old Nic Petan. 5 days with the Marlies and he's seen the light. A changed man. Look out, Toronto...here comes a good thing in a small package!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I wasn't trying to reprimand you - but for those unaware of Petan getting yelled at by Babs last week, it kind of sounded like Petan was called up and then immediately called on the carpet about not skating hard enough. So just to clarify, that lazy skater was the old Nic Petan. 5 days with the Marlies and he's seen the light. A changed man. Look out, Toronto...here comes a good thing in a small package!

I don't even think he reported. He was in the press box last night.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail

I don’t think he’s rostered. Cleared waivers and stayed there. Too bad, kid has enough talent..... lacks grit and size to make it anywhere unfortunately.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Oh, I know which way Paul Maurice is leaning...

PW-2016-02-10-tree-breaking.jpg

Reactions: Gm0ney

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

Maybe there's a time-limit on articles that reflect poorly on HFBoards favourites like Petan who is awesome but just continually gets the shaft by bad coaches apparently.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
Maybe there's a time-limit on articles that reflect poorly on HFBoards favourites like Petan who is awesome but just continually gets the shaft by bad coaches apparently.
Just like little Jonny and Suzy I’m minor hockey..... it’s always on the coaches or the refs.... I think a vast majority of ppl are just wired that way. It’s like narcissism is force fed through the TV.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don’t think he’s rostered. Cleared waivers and stayed there. Too bad, kid has enough talent..... lacks grit and size to make it anywhere unfortunately.

Apparantly Babs kicked him off the ice in practice as well. I've heard he just doesnt have the work ethic but that confirmed it. Talent only takes you so far.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's buried in the A and in Babs' dog house. It is unlikely he sees any NHL action for a long time.

He's not buried in the A. He's back on the TML roster. I'm sure he is still in Babs' doghouse and I doubt he ever gets out of it. He will be buried in the PB.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was one of his fans. I thought he had enough skill to make it in the NHL I had hoped he might have ended up on a team that had a more progressive style of coaching than Babs. old school mentality.
Oh well, all the best to Petan.

TML was probably the worst place he could have been traded to. Babs plus a very deep forward pool. They just don't need him. Maybe Edm or Ana could use him, but not TO.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Those teams had an opportunity for free this week, but decided against it.

IIRC he has a two-year deal, and given the 50/23 magic numbers this must be one of the easiest times of the year to slip through, unless you’re Comrie. He’s still in the mix in TO, for now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad