Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Gibson was 6th in Vezina voting, with a 2nd place ballot and 8 3rd place ballots (Freddy Andersen was 4th).
That's complete and utter BS. Him getting snubbed from a nomination was bad enough, but that kind of reception for a goalie who arguably should have won the award?

*insert expletive-filled rant here*

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That's complete and utter BS. Him getting snubbed from a nomination was bad enough, but that kind of reception for a goalie who arguably should have won the award?

*insert expletive-filled rant here*

It's only the GMs who vote, so being on 9 ballots isn't as bad as it sounds. Still very much a snub, but not as bad as one might think.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
It's only the GMs who vote, so being on 9 ballots isn't as bad as it sounds. Still very much a snub, but not as bad as one might think.
Meh...9/31 ballots isn't that warm of a reception in my opinion. I'm more focusing on the fact that he didn't only finish behind Vasilevskiy (who had a shitty second half) and Hellebuyck (who benefited from a strong defensive system), but he also finished behind Andersen, for crying out loud. (who was very good behind a defensive system that was just as bad as Gibson's, but was inconsistent -- not Vezina-quality)

I'm just pissed like a kid right now. I'll get over it eventually. Lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gibson have injury problems and left many games. Honestly, I don`t see anything bad with Gibson votes.
You can be as good as you want to be, but if you are in the locker room, it doesn`t matter. Gibson for me is the Vezina winner, I love to have him, but I certainly see a logic here

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I just skimmed the Norris results. I’ve never even heard of either guy who gave Manson the 4th/5th place votes this season although one shares the name of our ex backup goalie. I love Josh but anyone thinking he was a top 5 d in the league last year is out to lunch.

Stephens votes were pretty on the money. Hedman, Doughty, Subban, Carlson and Jones. I would have switched Jones and Subban but those are close to what I would have.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Stephens also didn't even vote for Gibson for the all-star team, I wouldn't doubt it if he tries very hard to seem unbiased, which I suppose is nice.

Yeah I didn’t get that. The only knock on Gibson this year imo is that he left a lot of games hurt. But Fleury who only played 46 games and wasn’t as good as Gibson gets a vote?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah I didn’t get that. The only knock on Gibson this year imo is that he left a lot of games hurt. But Fleury who only played 46 games and wasn’t as good as Gibson gets a vote?
Gibson only played 47 minutes less than Rinne, in pretty much the same number of games.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
How the **** is Mark Whicker voting on anything? That guy is a ****ing moron.
His ballot was actually invalidated for the Calder trohpy because he nominated someone who wasn't eligible. So that shows you how wonky this voting BS really is.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
His ballot was actually invalidated for the Calder trohpy because he nominated someone who wasn't eligible. So that shows you how wonky this voting BS really is.
Yeah, the guy from Winnipeg screwed up 3 different ballots. Some of these guys should be embarrassed they went public with the votes. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad