Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wow sharks got a cap dump plus free picks.... What a day for them.

Reactions: Duck Off

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't know if the Sharks have money for Tavares. Even with a Paul Martin buyout, the Sharks have a little over $14 million in cap space, with Hertl, Tierney and DeMelo all being arbitration eligible RFAs. Plus, Couture and Pavelski are only on contract for one more season...

Regardless, there's no doubt about it -- Doug Wilson did very well today. Pierre Dorion is officially one of the worst GMs in the NHL, there's just no excuse for his utter incompetence.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jeez what have I missed!? Ottawa is an absolute joke, how do you trade a guy and get a cap dump back to see him moved for value shortly after!!??

Unless they actually thought Boedker had value...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'll take a guess that OTT though they were trading Hoffman out of the division and thought Boedker had some use to them.

Maybe they thought that. But given that they’re not going to be competitive any time soon they shouldn’t be worrying about inter division trades. And I don’t see the Panthers being a huge threat to the Senators Stanley Cup chances even if the Sens did somehow become competitive.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Maybe they thought that. But given that they’re not going to be competitive any time soon they shouldn’t be worrying about inter division trades. And I don’t see the Panthers being a huge threat to the Senators Stanley Cup chances even if the Sens did somehow become competitive.
Yeah, I agree.It's just odd that the Sharks moved him so fast. You have to think the Sharks were already certain they weren't keeping Hoffman the minute they traded for him. So if FLA was willing to pay that why wouldn't OTT take that deal? Who knows.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah, I agree.It's just odd that the Sharks moved him so fast. You have to think the Sharks were already certain they weren't keeping Hoffman the minute they traded for him. So if FLA was willing to pay that why wouldn't OTT take that deal? Who knows.
I read somewhere that the Ottawa GM wasn’t interested in picks and wanted a player in return. Very strange unless he’s actually under the illusion that they’re trying to compete this year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I read somewhere that the Ottawa GM wasn’t interested in picks and wanted a player in return. Very strange unless he’s actually under the illusion that they’re trying to compete this year.
Well, if the Sens keep their pick this year you know they will be busting their hump not to give the Avs a good pick next year. But I don't see how Boedker does that.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Apparently OTT was very against trading within their own division, which makes this even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad