Around the League 2013-14 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I can't literally feel some of my brain cells die every time I peruse the main boards.

Try living in NY around these Ranger fans. :help:

Already saw two people at work with Rags paraphernalia and guarantee one of them wouldn't know a Ranger player if they walked up to them in their uniform wearing skates.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Try living in NY around these Ranger fans. :help:

Already saw two people at work with Rags paraphernalia and guarantee one of them wouldn't know a Ranger player if they walked up to them in their uniform wearing skates.

With their jersey turned backwards

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
But bro it's AV it's gonna be hard to know his tendencies. How are we going to beat the Rangerz dynasty they r soo elite. They have a top 3 center in Richards and top 3 defensemen. And top 1 goalie.

Rick the franchise Nash is so hot right now too bro very scary.

Lol

McD > Doughty
King Henrik > John Gibson > Jesus

Just being honest, bro. Don't be too salty. Rangerz in 3. I've been a lifelong fan of St. Louis since like the 2nd round, bro. Dude bleeds blue and King Henrik is about to go for his 4th Cup. Dynasty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Rangers beat the Kings once in the regular season. They totally have us figured out. #RagFanLogic

Hawks are totally ****ed because the Rangers beat them twice in the regular season. Twice! #NoChanceRagsIn3

Yeah, that blows my mind. Winning a game in October where Quick lets a goal in from full rink is definitely indicative of where the teams are now, right? And when we beat them in November is meaningless, obviously.

Is it bad that I welcome the support but would cheer for the Rangers over the Blackhawks ? The Blackhawks are like your rival in high school that beats you in everything and lets you know it

tumblr_mypindYwko1qgizego2_500.gif

I'd root for the Hawks tbh but the boards will be insufferable either way.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Okay, I got through the first page of the Rangers defense vs Kings defense thread and couldn't go any further.

You should have continued , there were some comments on the other pages that were curious. IT's great that the Rangers fans are pumped up, as they should be, having a team in the SCF. But for so many of them to think the Rags D is better...that makes no sense.

The best comment (of the Hawks or Kings?) was :

Arsenic or Cyanide

And the one who said that it didn't matter, Rangers in 5. Yeah okay...

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, that blows my mind. Winning a game in October where Quick lets a goal in from full rink is definitely indicative of where the teams are now, right? And when we beat them in November is meaningless, obviously.

I'll nerver understand that type of rational. It works in our favor, but not yours. Stuff like that comes from the mind of a child.

Anyway,

Octoberz 7th 2013 - Da Day Da Rangerz Won Da Cupz

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
So let me get this straight, Ranger fans are actually saying they match up well with both teams because "they went 2-0 against Chicago and 1-1 against LA"? God that's stupid logic.

ibjwHfrRIsNo4O.gif

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So let me get this straight, Ranger fans are actually saying they match up well with both teams because "they went 2-0 against Chicago and 1-1 against LA"? God that's stupid logic.

ibjwHfrRIsNo4O.gif

I think the only thing the Rangers have over both teams is heir goaltending is currently playing better than both.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the only thing the Rangers have over both teams is heir goaltending is currently playing better than both.

Even so, they haven't faced near the firepower we have faced. I trust Quick vs. the Rangers, so long as they aren't shooting full court :)

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I wouldn't underestimate the Rangers. They've got something special going on this year. Who knows, they might surprise a lot of people and win it all.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Sorry, McDonagh is not as good as Doughty on any planet. Not on Earth. And not on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune. Maybe Pluto though.

As Darryl Sutter would say, the Rangers are the best team in the NHL. Why even play a Cup final? We know who the best is already. They got the best goalie in the world. They wear blue jerseys and their fans have an obnoxious voices with that annoying accent. Ok, maybe that last part was my ad lib. I ****ing hate the east coast. I hate New York. I don't like the people there. I don't care about their pizza or their bagels. I'm glad we're a bunch of fruits and nuts owt heya.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
As Darryl Sutter would say, the Rangers are the best team in the NHL. Why even play a Cup final? We know who the best is already. They got the best goalie in the world. They wear blue jerseys and their fans have an obnoxious voices with that annoying accent. Ok, maybe that last part was my ad lib. I ****ing hate the east coast. I hate New York. I don't like the people there. I don't care about their pizza or their bagels. I'm glad we're a bunch of fruits and nuts owt heya.

*confirmed kill*

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Ok watched the full game (DVR) was working late.

My goodness, that was a piss poor effort by the Habs. Terrible. They might as well, not even have shown up.

I agree. The commentators were trying to make excuses for them, but their lack of effort in the 3rd period was just unreal. I can't remember a team in a close elimation game playing such uninspired hockey.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

ibjwHfrRIsNo4O.gif
That gave me the lolz. Hell, the kings beat the ducks once in a 9 round SO during the regular season

Last edited:

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Okay, I got through the first page of the Rangers defense vs Kings defense thread and couldn't go any further.
MCD is appearantly better then Doughty, and Stralman is better then Voynov and Mitchell...

Also MZA, Nash and Stepan are rated above Williams (who has more playoff - game 7 goals then Nash has career playoff goals LOL), Carter, Richards, Brown...

Right now I am like:

350x219px-LL-9981b047_anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12_preview.gif

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I'm not wasting any energy reading that trash with one more game yet to be won. Even if the Kings do win the West I'm not sure I'll wade through their rationalizations. I may bookmark a couple of threads though. :naughty:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
MCD is appearantly better then Doughty, and Stralman is better then Voynov and Mitchell...

Also MZA, Nash and Stepan are rated above Williams (who has more playoff - game 7 goals then Nash has career playoff goals LOL), Carter, Richards, Brown...

Right now I am like:

350x219px-LL-9981b047_anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12_preview.gif

Had to Google that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad