Around the League 2013-14 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
As Darryl Sutter would say, the Rangers are the best team in the NHL. Why even play a Cup final? We know who the best is already. They got the best goalie in the world. They wear blue jerseys and their fans have an obnoxious voices with that annoying accent. Ok, maybe that last part was my ad lib. I ****ing hate the east coast. I hate New York. I don't like the people there. I don't care about their pizza or their bagels. I'm glad we're a bunch of fruits and nuts owt heya.

Perfectly said.

My sentiments exactly.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
A lot of bruised ovaries in New York.

I feel like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction when someone brings up point production...

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
I may be in the minority here, but isn't pretty safe to say Rangers are the worst NHL team historically speaking?

I mean, they have been around almost 90 years and have only won 4 stanley cups? Only 1 in almost 75 years and fewest stanley cups out of the original 6?

Nothing really to do with their play this season, it's just man.. 90 years for only 4 stanley cups is kinda sad.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I may be in the minority here, but isn't pretty safe to say Rangers are the worst NHL team historically speaking?

I mean, they have been around almost 90 years and have only won 4 stanley cups? Only 1 in almost 75 years and fewest stanley cups out of the original 6?

Nothing really to do with their play this season, it's just man.. 90 years for only 4 stanley cups is kinda sad.

We haven't exactly been world beaters though. 1 cup in 47 years (obviously not nearly as bad as 1 in 75), but hopefully we will have 2 cups by the end of these playoffs.

That thread is quite comical. People are fighting tooth and nail over something that doesn't really matter. They can talk all they want in that thread, but all that matters is the on-ice result. That said though, i REALLY want the Kings to win the cup. I hate it when fans get get all high and mighty when they haven't won anything yet.

I usually don't post, but the wait for tonight is killing me, and I need something to help the time go by faster.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'd have to imagine if the Rangers win the cup this year they would take away our reign as "worst" cup winner on the main boards.

Last edited:

Suburbanites

May 31, 2014
With all due respect, I'm really taken aback by the level of disrespect and vitriol shown towards the Rangers. Regardless of who they play in the SCF they'll be a big underdog, I get that, but they had one of the best records in the NHL from December on and are not in the finals by accident. As for the comment about if the Rangers win the cup they'll replace the Kings as the worst cup winner???? There's no such thing as a worst Cup winner, no sport has a harder road to the promise land than the NHL. The Rangers roll 4 decent lines and have very good defensemen led by McDonough who darn well should have been a Norris finalist. As for their Goalie, yes he's cupless, but that's not his faul, he's world class. Good luck getting by the Hawks, like you I'm amazed the Kings are heading towards a game seven, but your team is historically resliliant so I like your chances. A Rangers-Kings final would be great for the NHL, in all honesty the Rangers probably match up better to the Hawks, although they'd be a huge underdog there too, but if it's the Kings I'm looking for a competitive series.

Aela*

From what I've seen here, the rangers fans are of a whole different breed than anywhere else. I know plenty of people that like the rangers but aren't complete idiots about it. lol.

I guess that's the same for every team? Wouldn't really know, haven't seen enough evidence either way :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With all due respect, I'm really taken aback by the level of disrespect and vitriol shown towards the Rangers. Regardless of who they play in the SCF they'll be a big underdog, I get that, but they had one of the best records in the NHL from December on and are not in the finals by accident. As for the comment about if the Rangers win the cup they'll replace the Kings as the worst cup winner???? There's no such thing as a worst Cup winner, no sport has a harder road to the promise land than the NHL. The Rangers roll 4 decent lines and have very good defensemen led by McDonough who darn well should have been a Norris finalist. As for their Goalie, yes he's cupless, but that's not his faul, he's world class. Good luck getting by the Hawks, like you I'm amazed the Kings are heading towards a game seven, but your team is historically resliliant so I like your chances. A Rangers-Kings final would be great for the NHL, in all honesty the Rangers probably match up better to the Hawks, although they'd be a huge underdog there too, but if it's the Kings I'm looking for a competitive series.

I'd say that most of that vitriol comes from the unprovoked and alternating chest-thumping (lol McDonagh > Doughty AINEC, Lundqvist > all) and martyr syndrome (why is no one picking us as a favorite? oh okay I get it everyone thinks we're an ECHL team) that it happening all over the boards right now. It's excessive. Edit: and I know you're being genuine with your post, but with due respect you're not the first one to drop by to try to 'defend' the Rangers, that's part of the problem.

I think whoever the Rangers play will have their hands full, but whichever team emerges from this series will be the favorite, and that's no slight on the Rangers, the Kings and Hawks are just flying high and are the last two cup champs.

Last edited:

Ron*

@SWhyno: #MNWild announce multi-year contract extension for coach Mike Yeo.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
@SWhyno: #MNWild announce multi-year contract extension for coach Mike Yeo.

Now sign Vanek to a 50 year deal...

4602cbbc706a2fd1e4f6a902e7409667e65e8dc37b37525e58d0d6e9e661a249.jpg

Suburbanites

May 31, 2014
I'd say that most of that vitriol comes from the unprovoked and alternating chest-thumping (lol McDonagh > Doughty AINEC, Lundqvist > all) and martyr syndrome (why is no one picking us as a favorite? oh okay I get it everyone thinks we're an ECHL team) that it happening all over the boards right now. It's excessive. Edit: and I know you're being genuine with your post, but with due respect you're not the first one to drop by to try to 'defend' the Rangers, that's part of the problem.

I think whoever the Rangers play will have their hands full, but whichever team emerges from this series will be the favorite, and that's no slight on the Rangers, the Kings and Hawks are just flying high and are the last two cup champs.

Okay fair enough, wasn't aware of previous posts, although I don't know a single Ranger fan who expects to be favored against either LA or Chicago. Most of us are just enjoying the ride. Of course I'll be crushed if they lose in the finals, but after a day or two reality will set in and I'll acknowledge how big of an underdog they were. I agree the Kings and the Hawks are better, would be foolish not to, but this Ranger team is mentally tough. I just hope they can hang in there and be competitive. Good luck tomorrow.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Okay fair enough, wasn't aware of previous posts, although I don't know a single Ranger fan who expects to be favored against either LA or Chicago. Most of us are just enjoying the ride. Of course I'll be crushed if they lose in the finals, but after a day or two reality will set in and I'll acknowledge how big of an underdog they were. I agree the Kings and the Hawks are better, would be foolish not to, but this Ranger team is mentally tough. I just hope they can hang in there and be competitive. Good luck tomorrow.

Soak it in. Fortunately we won in 2012 and have been very competitive, but you never know when you'll be able to enjoy it as a fan again. In 2012 I watched every interview, viewed every photo, and read every article and still couldn't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad