Around the League '16-'17 Part Why Is This Still Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL trash on the ice now! What a bunch of ****ing clowns.

Olcyzk said they only showed the overhead view at the arena. Looked in from that angle. He said they never showed the front angle that clearly showed it didn't go in. Kings fans would've done the same at Staples.

Refs were awful tonight. Pens getting away with high sticks in OT. Sens get away with too many men and holding all night. Kessel's dive.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kunitz scoring there is like Penner doing it in 2012. Penguin fans haven't liked Kunitz for years. Love him now though. Fans are fickle everywhere.

On the shift where the Pens scored, Ottawa mishandled the puck on a cross ice pass between the D-men. The left side defenseman started reaching for the puck, poked it away, but the Pens got control, and a few seconds later, it's in the back of the net.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Kunitz scoring there is like Penner doing it in 2012. Penguin fans haven't liked Kunitz for years. Love him now though. Fans are fickle everywhere.

On the shift where the Pens scored, Ottawa mishandled the puck on a cross ice pass between the D-men. The left side defenseman started reaching for the puck, poked it away, but the Pens got control, and a few seconds later, it's in the back of the net.

No one on Ottawa was even moving that shift. They were completely gassed. Turris and Stone both played over 30 minutes compared to Crosby's 26:49.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Olcyzk said they only showed the overhead view at the arena. Looked in from that angle. He said they never showed the front angle that clearly showed it didn't go in. Kings fans would've done the same at Staples.

Refs were awful tonight. Pens getting away with high sticks in OT. Sens get away with too many men and holding all night. Kessel's dive.

No it didn't. It's clearly not in even from the overhead. The fans were just puffed up with wishful thinking.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm talking about during the Kings cup runs

**** that, even this season the Kings never resorted to the chicken**** trap.

They might have been boring/predictable through puck control, but they never trapped.

So happy the Sens are out. Pens forwards vs. Nashville D will be fun. Sens try-not-to-lose vs. Nashville d would have been likely much less fun.

Karlsson was heroic. Ryan was great. Pageau and a couple of others had moments. But most of the Sens were various shades of Dwight Kings and Jeff Shcultzes.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

They might have been boring/predictable through puck control, but they never trapped.

Yeah, that's true. I'm glad as hell the Sens lost, I hated watching that

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
His back is dust after carrying this team for so long.

These playoffs cemented to me that he is the best defenseman in the world. The ability to carry the puck up the ice from the defensive to offensive zone is incredible, haven't seen anyone do it that well since Coffey and Leetch. And he was doing it with a broken foot.

Ottawa needs a big time finisher up front though.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

So happy the Sens are out. Pens forwards vs. Nashville D will be fun. Sens try-not-to-lose vs. Nashville d would have been likely much less fun.

Karlsson was heroic. Ryan was great. Pageau and a couple of others had moments. But most of the Sens were various shades of Dwight Kings and Jeff Shcultzes.

Sens vs Preds would've been awful to watch. Sens would've tried to win the games 2-1 and put 4 guys at the blueline when they got the lead.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
These playoffs cemented to me that he is the best defenseman in the world. The ability to carry the puck up the ice from the defensive to offensive zone is incredible, haven't seen anyone do it that well since Coffey and Leetch. And he was doing it with a broken foot.

Ottawa needs a big time finisher up front though.

I's still take Doughty over him, but he's right there.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I's still take Doughty over him, but he's right there.

I think you have to take EK, but I am hoping with Darryl and Dean gone that things will be opened up more for Doughty.

Drew has a weak and inaccurate shot and IMO can be a liability on the PP, but he has shown the ability to carry the puck up the ice much like Karlsson does, and can be effective offensively when he takes the chances.

The Kings have issues with talent up front and scoring goals, they need Doughty to be a bigger factor offensively. No reason that Doughty can't get 50 points in his sleep.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I think you have to take EK, but I am hoping with Darryl and Dean gone that things will be opened up more for Doughty.

Drew has a weak and inaccurate shot and IMO can be a liability on the PP, but he has shown the ability to carry the puck up the ice much like Karlsson does, and can be effective offensively when he takes the chances.

The Kings have issues with talent up front and scoring goals, they need Doughty to be a bigger factor offensively. No reason that Doughty can't get 50 points in his sleep.

Hopefully, for years I've said he has no role on the first power play unit. It should be immediate, but he delays and allows everyone time to position and block.

During both runs and the Olympics he simply dominated.

That's how I see it as well. Doughty hasn't carried the Kings on his back like Karlsson has done with the Sens.

Hasn't really had to though. He was an equal to Kopitar, Quick, and Williams during those runs. Unfortunately he leaves a lot to be desired when the Kings usually need him the most (December losses that eventually bite the Kings in the ass).

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Man, listening to Karlsson's interview and watching the guy play in these playoffs has made me a huge fan of his. He couldn't stop giving the Penguins credit tonight after the game and refused to use his foot as an excuse. Just said how he was able to play and he couldn't ask for anything more.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

That's the point. He was saying the Sens were playing a boring trap, which is what other fans were accusing the Kings of doing back when they were successful.

The Kings were not a trap team, but that didn't stop ignoramuses from asserting it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Man, listening to Karlsson's interview and watching the guy play in these playoffs has made me a huge fan of his. He couldn't stop giving the Penguins credit tonight after the game and refused to use his foot as an excuse. Just said how he was able to play and he couldn't ask for anything more.

Agreed, he has been great to watch.

I was very anti-sedin before LA eliminated the canucks in 2012. After that they did nothing but credit the kings, they played hard and didn't dive that series. After that I remained anti canuck, but not anti-sedin

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'm honestly impressed with Pitt.

They have overcome some significant injuries.

Interested to see what team and style wins the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad