Around the League '16-'17 Part Why Is This Still Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Defence of Niskanen hit on Crosby an assault on intelligence

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/defence-niskanen-hit-crosby-assault-intelligence/

How does Sportsnet even put this up on their site? It's friggin brutal. Gare Joyce, you sir a lost.

The slash job Ovi gave to Crosby seconds prior to is what should be talked about. On replay, you can see the shaft of Ovi's stick bend as he hits Crosby with it.

As Dee remarked earlier, the Niskanen incident was a "hockey play". It was unfortunate but there was nothing wrong with it. I actually thought Kypreos did a nice job breaking it down last night during the intermission.

And have someone over there proof read your junk before it gets posted. David Steckl? :laugh:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
How does that alot , he's irritating, annoying and winceably bad. And TSN letting him go on, is the reason his ego is not in check. Don't give him any time...

When he went off about intentional injuries I was hoping one of the TSN guys would have asked if Rossi would have suspended Crosby for the remainder of the season for the Crosby finger slash earlier this year which looped off part of that dudes player. The facial reactions of the tsn guys were along the lines of just letting someone keep putting their foot in the mouth.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Even Ovie's slash is something that happens regularly and is called, appropriately, slashing. haha There's a lot of overreaction going on.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-montreal-canadiens-vancouver-canucks-chris-tanev/2017/05/03/
Eric Engels of Sportsnet: Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin said that the 24-year old Nathan Beaulieu was “at a crossroads†and that “the clock was ticking†on his developement. The clock may have sped up after the Canadiens signed KHL defenseman Jakub Jerabek on Monday.

Jerabek is a left handed shot, so Beaulieu’s days with the Canadiens could be numbered. Canadiens left handed defensemen – Beaulieu, Jerabek, Brandon Davidson, Alexei Emelin and Mikhail Sergachev.

Right handed defensemen – Shea Weber, Jeff Petry and Jordie Benn. Those three are also likely to be protected by the Canadiens for the expansion draft.

LeBrun said 8 other teams sent Jerabek offers and he was talking to others teams as well.

also Vadim Shipachyov won't be signed by the Habs and is getting big offers from other NHL teams

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hock...tanev-now-could-fetch-future-star-for-canucks

Canucks say they aren't shopping Tanev but if they are rebuilding, the 24 yr old could yield a great return. A lot of teams have expressed interest and it might be hard for them to turn down, esp since he's 26 and they are years away from being a contender and he'd be in his 30's. He thinks the Bolts or Leafs might be good landing spots

What does matter is Tanev is a really good defenceman on a great contract, signed for the next three seasons with a $4.45 million cap hit. This is valuable.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Florida was highly interested in Shipachyov last offseason, but not sure if that changes now that Dale Tallon regained the role of GM.

Still unsure if I'd want Kovalchuk back on the Devils even with our offensive woes. The Panthers might be one of the few teams with cap space to accommodate him. Kovalchuk and Shipachyov were teammates in the KHL, so that might make for a nice combo for Florida.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-montreal-canadiens-vancouver-canucks-chris-tanev/2017/05/03/

LeBrun said 8 other teams sent Jerabek offers and he was talking to others teams as well.

also Vadim Shipachyov won't be signed by the Habs and is getting big offers from other NHL teams

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hock...tanev-now-could-fetch-future-star-for-canucks

Canucks say they aren't shopping Tanev but if they are rebuilding, the 24 yr old could yield a great return. A lot of teams have expressed interest and it might be hard for them to turn down, esp since he's 26 and they are years away from being a contender and he'd be in his 30's. He thinks the Bolts or Leafs might be good landing spots

My brain isn't working today, is tanev 24, 26 or 30?

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Capitals seriously going to lose to a Crosby-less Penguins? Cup favorites? What a joke...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Penguins can win with or without Crosby. Malkin plays better when Crosby's not playing. Pittsburgh is the superior team - talent, compete, preparation, and will.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Kuznetsov is pretty garbage for a supposed top center, especially in the post season.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Edmonton look unreal. Can't get use to them being good.

Edit* now they suck again

Last edited:

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
I thought Nashville was gonna win the cup this year, but the Oilers are looking like they can too. I don't see the Pens winning without Crosby

Sword

May 26, 2014
Yeah, that's the Caps problem, the coach...

Don't get me wrong, I think that a bunch of those players will have to be let go, I want a complete rebuild and that includes a coaching change. I was joking about Sutter though, I'd rather they go after someone younger.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
I think the Oilers are getting some tough calls go against them, but it cant be a Ducks game without them getting lucky 4 or 5 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad