Around the League '16-'17 Part Why Is This Still Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I can't help but like Karlsson but why is it that there are five new threads about him every day?

I get the Doughty haters but it's down right idol worship most of the time in regards to the guy.

Can hfboards give him his own board already with 20 threads about the different facets of his greatness?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Seriously. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Orr, Bourque, and Lidstrom are overrated.

The Pens are the team of the decade even though there were SEVEN years between cups.

I can't even participate in discussion outside this board anymore, it's like every year people get their memories wiped of anything more than 6 months ago.

That's because 80% of main board posters are on the spectrum.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Starting to see articles declaring the Penguins a dynasty already and pointing to playoff wins as the measure. Just keep lowering that bar.

Last time I checked, Dynasties exist when you win more than a few Championships over a short span, not 9 years in between, no matter how many playoff wins you have.

The Rangers probably have 50 wins over the last 5 years, are they a dynasty too?:laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I guess my theory is the more reasonable ones probably just remember 40 year old Lidstrom and Bourque, not the prime versions. People were super mad about Lidstrom's last Norris, and mocked Bourque for team hopping because he wasn't 'good enough' to win on his own. That's to say nothing of Orr, Potvin, or any of the other greats. Hell, you'd think they remember prime Pronger even, mayyyyybe Chelios, but nope.

I dunno, I'm just a big follower of defensemen in general, and I think most of this generation's d-men have one big flaw that will keep them out of the Lidstrom/Bourque conversation, and that's all-around game and longevity (especially with respect to Bourque). Keith is maybe the most well-rounded acclaimed guy of the generation frankly, and even he is short on the longevity side compared to Bourque.

Or his career cut short due to concussion.

Underrated aspect of Orr's game--he could **** people up on his own.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I can't help but like Karlsson but why is it that there are five new threads about him every day?

I get the Doughty haters but it's down right idol worship most of the time in regards to the guy.

Can hfboards give him his own board already with 20 threads about the different facets of his greatness?

I think it's that Ottawa is stuck in the shadows of both Toronto and Montreal, and without the overall team success for a decade, Karlsson is the one spotlight there. Be glad he's in Ottawa, and not one of the bigger markets, or else you'd probably see 40 new threads a day.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If Orr played today with the current rules, he'd lead the league in points and they'd be renaming the Norris after him.

Imagine Orr in $1000 skates that fit your feet perfectly and a $300 stick that weighs less and out performs the sticks of his day. Then imagine Orr with doctors that knew what arthroscopic knee surgery was.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
So Toronto (only) has a skate-level camera on the blueline now...learn something new everyday.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Man this game looks ridiculously rigged right now

It's like watching those old NBA games where the refs were betting on the games.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Whether you think they're getting the calls right or wrong, the refs are not supposed to be this noticeable in a game...let alone a playoff game...let alone a game in the Final. Just let these guys play.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A franchise Bettman put in the American south to specifically hurt Canada and all fans that care about the sport, against a franchise Bettman saved by gifting them Crosby when they "happened" to win a league wide lottery just as they were in trouble of relocating again. Conspiracy vs. conspiracy. Tough 1st period for Nashville though.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
That offside challenge needs to be more conclusive than that. The Preds got robbed of a beautiful goal due to a percieved 1 inch or less of the skate being off the ice. Which, by the way, doesn't effect the outcome of the play whatsoever. **** off NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad