Around the League 15-16 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Nothing like talking over the action about Stamkos while the Ducks score.Another great moment by the Ducks announcers.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Last in the league in points again looks like more and more the Oilers are getting Matthews. That would be hilarious!

Ron*

Last in the league in points again looks like more and more the Oilers are getting Matthews. That would be hilarious!

Just what they need. Another 18-year-old forward.

Meanwhile, their defense still sucks mightily.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If Tampa can win in regulation the Kings would be 8 points up on the Ducks with 2 games in hand.

That is pretty big almost 1/3 into the season.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Oilers need goaltending more than they need d. They have solid prospects at d but they have not developed a goalie in years and the one they did is named Dubnyk and he moved on.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Ducks pull the goalie for the extra attacker and out comes Shawn Horcoff!!

And now Hayward's unlucky rant begins. The unluckiest team in the NHL.

Ron*

I hate to admit that Burnside is right, but the Pacific Division is a gong show.

The Kings really should be able to start to distance themselves, because I fully expect the Sharks to go full-Pacific as well.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Ducks just don't have a very good roster. Were amazing in 1 goal games the last couple of years, but totally come crashing down.

The only guy playing really well is Vatanen, would kill to have that guy on the Kings.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I hate to admit that Burnside is right, but the Pacific Division is a gong show.

The Kings really should be able to start to distance themselves, because I fully expect the Sharks to go full-Pacific as well.

Yep, the top two will be battling it out, the 3rd spot is up for grabs. Most likely, the 6th team in the Central will have more points than the 3rd place team in the Pacific.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Watched the third period of the Lighting-Ducks game. They ducks remind me of that sharks team that felt like "coworkers and not teammates". A lot of hustle but no ones playing for each other. They just look like a bunch of individuals, especially Kesler who looks like he wants to do it all on his own.

Ron*

Tonight's game was all Bishop for the Lightning. Lot of scatter hockey. Lightning don't impress me one bit.

Hopefully they play like this Sunday evening against the Kings.

Ron*

Yep, the top two will be battling it out, the 3rd spot is up for grabs. Most likely, the 6th team in the Central will have more points than the 3rd place team in the Pacific.

The 6th place team in the Central might have more points than the 1st place team in the Pacific.

scryan

May 1, 2013
The Ducks traded away depth.

2ch9ojp.jpg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Getzlaf and Kesler were scoring about 1 goal every 4 games last year. If they were doing that this year, the Ducks would have almost 10 more goals, which would probably mean a few more wins, and certainly a few extra points. Silfverberg's numbers aren't helping either.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oilers need goaltending more than they need d. They have solid prospects at d but they have not developed a goalie in years and the one they did is named Dubnyk and he moved on.

I agree, they have godo young D in the works or already with the big club that just needs some seasoning.
What they need is a goaltender to help cover up their mistakes.
They would have to clear some cap, but I think they should go for Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad