YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
hkn_sabres_maple_leafs_20130922_28520339.jpg

great pic

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
And this is what's wrong with letting fans vote for the starters on the all star game...

John Scott is 3rd in voting...after Ovie and P. Kane

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...nforcer-john-scott-into-the-nhl-all-star-game

Isn't there some kind of NHL rule that any participating player must walk upright on 2 feet?

NHL better step in and do something about this. If fans want to be idiots, then do it evenly and vote an enforcer in for each division.

I absolutely LOVE the 3v3 tourney idea this year, but good ole fan voting will come in and ruin another all star game.

EDIT: On second thought, **** it - If this is what it takes to further prove just how ridiculous fan voting is, then so be it.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey thanks! Those folks are on the ball tracking this stuff.

that site is wicked.
Crazy looking at the decline in first round picks traded over the years. I just looked at 2008 and 2012 and am solely basing it on those years.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Radko Gudas suspended 3 games for elbowing Mika Zibanejad.

Should have been 63 and then I wouldn't have to curse so much and get my blood pressure elevated launching colorful uses of my favorite cuss word at the tv on a shiftly basis during games...he's a caveman on skates.
That was him headhunting, typical of him.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
I think Jonathan Bernier's confidence is just shattered. The guy is a talented Goalie.
I think he has a limitation - size. He has the perfect butterfly/blocking the shoots away technique but doesn't poses the size to support it. He is vulnerable to every floater from the point with little screen in front of him.
Was overrated on this board for quite some time...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
NHL better step in and do something about this. If fans want to be idiots, then do it evenly and vote an enforcer in for each division.

I absolutely LOVE the 3v3 tourney idea this year, but good ole fan voting will come in and ruin another all star game.

EDIT: On second thought, **** it - If this is what it takes to further prove just how ridiculous fan voting is, then so be it.

Don't like fan voting , doesn't serve the purpose required, it's a popularity contest.
You want an honest vote? Get the players to vote, provided they cannot vote for a member of their team. They play the game, they know who should be there.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good lord I just realized the Kings don't play Pitt till the 5th ? WTH NHL ?

Jeez.

Good thing they're discussing giving teams a 'bye week,' huh? ;)

I don't ever recall having as many 4-day+ breaks in an entire season as we've had so far, but I could be misremembering anecdotally.

Ron*

Two games this weekend at Staples (Saturday and Sunday). Someone tell me the last time THAT happened.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Good lord I just realized the Kings don't play Pitt till the 5th ? WTH NHL ?

Jeez.

It goes right along with there have already been many days that there hasn't been a game starting past 5PM. The scheduling this year seems quite crazy. Then having a 6 game road trip when we will still have the Grammy trip in Feb. which is 7 games.

Ron*

Hayward topped himself. Thought that TB should be called for tripping Lindholm. He ignored the fact that Killorn was cross-checked into Lindholm and that was why Lindholm was upended.

Even when Ahlers pointed that out to him, he responded with "tough call for Anaheim." :laugh: What a piece of work. I try to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and he punts that for 15 yards.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hayward topped himself. Thought that TB should be called for tripping Lindholm. He ignored the fact that Killorn was cross-checked into Lindholm and that was why Lindholm was upended.

Even when Ahlers pointed that out to him, he responded with "tough call for Anaheim." :laugh: What a piece of work. I try to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and he punts that for 15 yards.

His color commentary is so overbearing. He's a broadcaster who really loves the sound of his voice, constantly stepping over Ahlers.

And his constant whining is a perfect representation of their organization and fans. Hell, a Ducks fan on the main board was whining about how often the Kings face teams on the back end of a back-to-back.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
His color commentary is so overbearing. He's a broadcaster who really loves the sound of his voice, constantly stepping over Ahlers.

And his constant whining is a perfect representation of their organization and fans. Hell, a Ducks fan on the main board was whining about how often the Kings face teams on the back end of a back-to-back.

The league knows this and there will be a time when the Ducks get the second game and a time when the Sharks get the second night.
It is just the last few games when the Kings have got the second night. It all evens out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad