Around the League '15-'15 V--Merry Everything Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Last time the Leafs won the Cup the 76ers were NBA champions, Lyndon B. Johnson was Time Magazine's Man of the Year, the first handheld calculator was invented, the Packers won Super Bowl 1, and we hadn't landed on the moon yet. Statute of limitations.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Last time the Leafs won the Cup ... we hadn't landed on the moon yet.

1-02Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

Ron*

The last time the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Cup, the Los Angeles Kings had not even played one NHL game yet.

Ron*

The Los Angeles Lakers have won 11 championships since the Toronto Maple Leafs last won a Stanley Cup.

Ron*

The city of Cleveland's championship drought, which is now in it's 52nd year, was only in it's 3rd year the last time the Toronto Maple Leafs last appeared in a Stanley Cup Final.

Ron*

The Beatles were still together the last time the Toronto Maple Leafs last appeared in a Stanley Cup Final.

Led Zeppelin's 1st album was still two years in the future.

James Hetfield, a founding member of Metallica, and who is now in his mid-50s, was just 4 years old.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Pherry is such a soccer player, anything done against him he nearly falls to the ice. He may be a good sniper but he's a one play pony. He makes a play and when it fails he seemingly gives up.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Ovechkin scored his 500th goal on the pp while God Karlsson was on the ice. Love that the team jumped off the bench and celebrated on the ice with him.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Mr. Game 7 and The Caps continue to look as if they are the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.

Caps are the best team in the NHL (and most consistant) for most of the year. NO weaknesses . Two key moves that turned them into the well oiled machine they are was naming Brian MacLellan GM two yrs ago and the positive moves he's made, the best one being naming Trotz coach. I always like and respected Trotz, I think he's top 5 in the game, just a smart man who knows how to win and knows how to manage his players. I'd love to see him get a Cup, after all the years he put in in Nashville, getting blood from a stone. Given the revolving door of coaches prior to him, I never thought Ovie was coachable, but he's turned him into a team player and it's bettered his game.

Ovie has 2 goals tonight, putting him over 500, I wonder how close to 1000 he'll get, if he plays 10 more years. He just turned 30, so I guess he could hit 900 maybe.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Erik Karlsson statistically, is having one of his worst seasons defensively.

But he is putting up a million points, so it's ok I guess.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Trotz didn't try an change Ovi, he simply asked him to care about winning.

At least that is what it looks like. Ovi plays the same way he has always, except now Ovi cares about playing a little more 200ft.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Sheesh Ovechkin is fun to watch. He's had his moments but man this year he's on a mission. This team is deep and they are the best team in the league. My goodness.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
For some reason the Karlsson worshiping threads have not been bumped by Sens fans tonight...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well it won't matter though, If Karlsson scores anywhere near 80 points(incredible), the Norris is his.

He could be minus forever, and literally the worst defender on his team(which he is close statistically right now), would still win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad