Around the League '15-'15 V--Merry Everything Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
For some reason the Karlsson worshiping threads have not been bumped by Sens fans tonight...

I'm trying hard not to bump that thread. Hands down one of the weakest players in his own zone it's not even funny. Makes errorhoff look like a #1 dman. I get it fun to watch him in the o zone no doubt, but so glad he's not on the kings.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Erik Karlsson is a great defender, but honestly this year he is cheating a little too much to provide OTT offense.

It shows up in about every game.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Pretty crazy phantom goal in the Anaheim game... Video sure looks like puck went in, but pretty low quality. High quality shot afterwards of the net shows no hole that the puck could have gone through...

https://streamable.com/57uo

The net after:
82e6F5y.jpg

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Erik Karlsson is a great defender, but honestly this year he is cheating a little too much to provide OTT offense.

It shows up in about every game.

I agree he's cheating more than previous years but I think calling him great is too much. Down by a goal no other dman I would love to have, but tied or with a lead I would prefer almost any other top 4 dman....

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pretty crazy phantom goal in the Anaheim game... Video sure looks like puck went in, but pretty low quality. High quality shot afterwards of the net shows no hole that the puck could have gone through...

The net after:
82e6F5y.jpg

Yeah, but the net after picture had to of been taken after an intermission, because the Detroit netminder is in that goal. Either that or they have a picture of the wrong net.

Clearly the puck went through the net.

Ron*

Yeah, but the net after picture had to of been taken after an intermission, because the Detroit netminder is in that goal. Either that or they have a picture of the wrong net.

Another net problem with the Red Wings.

Turnabout is fair *****. I mean play. Turnabout is fair play.

scryan

May 1, 2013

Yeah, realized that after the fact. It was from the streamable clip so maybe it was the wrong net. I dunno... None the less the net was inspected.

Kinda just another case like Quick's glove, where you need good proof to overturn a call.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Like Ron stated, God damn that sounded like the game is at the Joe in the dying moments of the game. Funny how easily the Ducks fans are outnumbered when the Kings, Wings or Hawks are at The Ponda.

There's always a good number of Wings fans showing up at Staples Center as well. Let's hope the Kings give them little reason to make any noise. And hopefully Datsyuk doesn't embarrass the Kings like he tends to do. Though I fully expect the Kings to make Jimmy Howard look like a friggin' All-Star.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I agree he's cheating more than previous years but I think calling him great is too much. Down by a goal no other dman I would love to have, but tied or with a lead I would prefer almost any other top 4 dman....

He's terrible defensively. There's no other way to put it.

GA60RelTM - Goals against per 60, compared to your teammates.

Ceci -.75
Cowen -.49
Wideman -.22
Borowiecki -.03
Wiercioch .12
Methot .17
Karlsson .77

It's hard to fathom. If Ottawa was a top defensive team, I could see it because even one or two goals more than a teammate makes a big difference. He would easily get the benefit of the doubt. But they are one of the worst - after tonight's game NHL.com has them at 131 goals against.

On one of the worst defensive teams in the league at allowing goals, he's the worst defensman at allowing goals on his team by far. It's a new level of terrible.

Does his offense make up for it? Yes somewhat. He's the best defensman on his team at production. But as much as he scores, both Methot and Cowen have better GF percentages per 60.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He's terrible defensively. There's no other way to put it.

GA60RelTM - Goals against per 60, compared to your teammates.

Ceci -.75
Cowen -.49
Wideman -.22
Borowiecki -.03
Wiercioch .12
Methot .17
Karlsson .77

It's hard to fathom. If Ottawa was a top defensive team, I could see it because even one or two goals more than a teammate makes a big difference. He would easily get the benefit of the doubt. But they are one of the worst - after tonight's game NHL.com has them at 131 goals against.

On one of the worst defensive teams in the league at allowing goals, he's the worst defensman at allowing goals on his team by far. It's a new level of terrible.

Does his offense make up for it? Yes somewhat. He's the best defensman on his team at production. But as much as he scores, both Methot and Cowen have better GF percentages per 60.

Nobody cares about stats like that anymore, it just about points. He'll put up 80 points and be a plus 4 and the writers say he the best overall defenseman.He's not, he's the best offensive defenseman.

Ron*

Panther announcers are both having babies on a bad hit by Hendricks on Ekblad. Then that idiot Hendricks gives a thumbs up sitting in the box. Getting heated up in Edmonton; ice might melt.

Ron*

Florida has 8 shots on goal 5 minutes into the third, and 2 of them have gone in.

The net after:
82e6F5y.jpg

It looks to me like the trajectory of the puck was arcing downward and bounced off the top of the net and hit the camera. This is the only video I've seen but if it did go in, how could the net can not have seen it? I honestly wish it went in and detroit lost the game so they could get a taste of their own medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad