Around the League 14: PLAY GLORIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Remember when Draisaitl was overrated? I'd kill to have him here. Amazing player.

Draisaitl's great. McDavid's great. The Oilers are a joke. You have all of these elite players fall in your laps because of the eternal sucking and you still can't make a thing out of it. That whole front office needs to be purged.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
And for what it’s worth, I’m 90% sure I had the same opinion as kev regarding the Skinner trade. I remember some long post about Skinner’s overall game actually offsetting his outstanding goal scoring, especially in his complete ineptitude in the neutral zone and inability to use his teammates, receive a pass on the tape cleanly, etc.

I also remember lamenting the return, but not necessarily being mad at Waddell, but rather just being annoyed by the situation (NMC, only Buffalo, no competing offer, etc) that caused the lack of return.

I’m also often wrong and have a terrible memory about my own opinions which I why I avoid the gloating thread lol.

We got 3 picks and an AHL stalwart for a one-year rental by a team that won't make the playoffs.

We won't know until we make those picks how the deal actually turned out, but I think we can already say it's at least even.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Remember when Draisaitl was overrated? I'd kill to have him here. Amazing player.
I watched him early in the season and he was awful. He deferred to 97 all game, wouldn’t take the puck to the net, was bailing out of every chance to be good. The criticisms are fair. This was after the coaching change too.

He turned it around which is awesome. I used to argue that people are wrong that his success is tied completely to 97 but I think there’s some of that in there. He has to consistently be more dangerous away from him. I don’t think he’d be as good here.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC

Funnier that his $8.5 million/year contract was seen as terrible when it happened. Now it looks great in comparison to someone like William Nylander's.

Also, remember the whole Aho vs. Draisaitl thread before the season on the main board? Both of them ended up becoming the elite players their fan bases thought they could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad