Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
tweet20190821_204018.png

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Disregard the ribbon. We have a horse head sighting

Edit: Can a mod move this to the around the dome thread. Apparently I can’t read

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The retros are coming full time to make way for the return horsehead 3rds. This is just the first domino to fall.

But for real, the Flames are a team that does very little to acknowledge their past unlike the guys up north who overdo it, yearly. There's pretty much no trace of the Flames years between 1992-2003 on the internet and it just feels the organization is trying to act like nothing outside of the 80s, 2004, and the Twitter era of sports has happened.

It would be pretty cool if they did a couple one-off nights with the horseheads or pedestals this year and shined some more light on their respective eras even if they were filled with the Flames taking fat Ls and almost relocating. There were quite a few cult heroes to come out from there that no one talks about except for the fans

Reactions: Potty John

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The retros are coming full time to make way for the return horsehead 3rds. This is just the first domino to fall.
I think you are right until the horsehead part, I think the 3rd could end up being the '04 home

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Treliving during his next contract negotiation

View attachment 250819

When Gaudreau's contract expires he'll be 29 years old. I think fans need to get the family thing (his mom and dad) out of their head about him leaving for free agency to play for Philly to be closer to his parents. He'll be a grown ass man. This isn't a slight against you crackdown, just a generalization with all Flames fans as I think this is a stupid argument for a guy who will be near 30. He'll hopefully be starting his own family by then. I get him wanting to play for his hometown team, but I don't think he pulls a Tavares if the Flames can A) be competitive and B) pay him his damn money.

But I like Tre's strategy to keep players happy, bring their brothers to the organization. Like Matt Gaudreau sucks to be honest, but put some $ in his pocket and you know that'll satisfy Johnny.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Merging blasty and either Gaudreau or Tkachuk would be an amazing jersey.

If Tkachuk, shoulder patches should be Harambe.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Lol @ the thought of Gaudreau ever leaving. How is he going to replace his deck chairs and cornhole set

What’s he supposed to do, get them repainted? Money doesn’t grow on trees

1F7052DD-BE1D-4F0D-9FDC-A476E1C5220B.jpeg

Here’s a link to the full tour of his New Jersey summer home

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Lol @ the thought of Gaudreau ever leaving. How is he going to replace his deck chairs and cornhole set

What’s he supposed to do, get them repainted? Money doesn’t grow on trees

View attachment 251495

Here’s a link to the full tour of his New Jersey summer home

I feel like he should have probably gone for the retro theme on the cornhole set. Those are going to look hideous in retrospect after the club switches to retros full time.

He's going to end up wanting to repaint anyway, and at that point, he might feel like he might as well just switch clubs. :/

Reactions: crackdown44

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I feel like he should have probably gone for the retro theme on the cornhole set. Those are going to look hideous in retrospect after the club switches to retros full time.

He's going to end up wanting to repaint anyway, and at that point, he might feel like he might as well just switch clubs. :/

He's also going to have to remove the Flaming C from those Adirondack chairs when he realizes they were only there for a season and used the Atlanta logo :shakehead

Reactions: Lunatik

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Bill Peters discusses the upcoming season - Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

“Looch will get some time with Monny & Johnny... More or less inferring that if someone goes after Johnny, they will have someone on 1RW to deter this behavior.”

Whenever I think this organization won’t shoot itself in the foot, they do stuff like this... :help:

I hope to god it’s just banter on the radio, as this would just be a perfect metaphor of our ****ty off-season.

I hardly think this means that Lucic will get a look with them to like, produce

The way he’s speaking here seems to mean that in a game where we’re up a couple goals or the game is out of reach he’ll put Lucic out with Johny to make sure no one takes any liberties. I don’t see a problem with that

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

The way he’s speaking here seems to mean that in a game where we’re up a couple goals or the game is out of reach he’ll put Lucic out with Johny to make sure no one takes any liberties. I don’t see a problem with that

Didn’t watch the podcast (don’t think it’s up yet), but I’d hope that is the case. Just have a hard time giving benefit of the doubt for this organization at times, but we’ll see how this plays out in October.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

e.g. Minnesota Wild, Anaheim Ducks namely

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Bill Peters discusses the upcoming season - Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

“Looch will get some time with Monny & Johnny... More or less inferring that if someone goes after Johnny, they will have someone on 1RW to deter this behavior.”

Whenever I think this organization won’t shoot itself in the foot, they do stuff like this... :help:

I hope to god it’s just banter on the radio, as this would just be a perfect metaphor of our ****ty off-season.
It may also be that he plays with them on the PP.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
It may also be that he plays with them on the PP.
I’d hope that isn’t the case either... we had one of the best #1 units last year, don’t see that a smart choice. Probably shouldn’t be on the second unit either tbh.
As far as I can tell when it came to power plays Peters mentioned how Lucic could get some looks on the second unit as a net front guy.

Separate from all that, he mentioned how he would want Lucic with a right handed centre and a lefty on their off-wing... sounds like a prime recipe for a Lucic - Ryan - Mangiapane fourth line.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
As far as I can tell when it came to power plays Peters mentioned how Lucic could get some looks on the second unit as a net front guy.

Separate from all that, he mentioned how he would want Lucic with a right handed centre and a lefty on their off-wing... sounds like a prime recipe for a Lucic - Ryan - Mangiapane fourth line.

Probably the one thing I agree with is the idea of a lucic-Ryan-mangiapane line. Makes more sense than a lucic-jankowski-bennett line to me imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad