Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That’s fine. But I’m gonna be brutally honest, czarnik has looked a lot better on that line than Neal. I agree he doesn’t belong on a grind line, but he’s being wasted here.

I am certainly interested in seeing where Czarnik can go on that line with more time together
TOICF%GF%OZS%
Bennett-Jankowski-Czarnik23:1362.9565.3566.67
Bennett-Jankowski-Neal146:5150.7535.9756.84
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I am certainly interested in seeing where Czarnik can go on that line with more time together
TOICF%GF%OZS%
Bennett-Jankowski-Czarnik23:1362.9565.3566.67
Bennett-Jankowski-Neal146:5150.7535.9756.84
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Surely this data sample couldn't be skewed by Czarnik's mini-streak.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guess we aren't getting anyone this deadline.

Actually I just heard an interesting take by Friedman. If the Flames were to LTIR Neal, they can obviously add that cap back right now by bringing in a rental. There’s no cap in the playoffs so they can activate Neal in the playoffs with no repercussions. It’s a loophole that we could potentially exploit.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Actually I just heard an interesting take by Friedman. If the Flames were to LTIR Neal, they can obviously add that cap back right now by bringing in a rental. There’s no cap in the playoffs so they can activate Neal in the playoffs with no repercussions. It’s a loophole that we could potentially exploit.
Exploiting holes is my middle name. I like this!

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames have been a lot better lately than I've realized. Reason: I had a week off with a lot of time to watch the games, that was between 8th and 18th. After that, back to work so no more early morning games for me. Let's just hope I dont get fired, not before July at least

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames have been a lot better lately than I've realized. Reason: I had a week off with a lot of time to watch the games, that was between 8th and 18th. After that, back to work so no more early morning games for me. Let's just hope I dont get fired, not before July at least
I don't want you to get fired. Record those early morning games and then stay away from HF until you get home from work and watch the games.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I don't want you to get fired. Record those early morning games and then stay away from HF until you get home from work and watch the games.

I just cant help myself, I need to know the scores as soon as I wake up. Thats been my morning routine for 30 years: wake up and check the NHL scoreboard. Back in the late 80's I literally was at the living room checking teletext less than 2minutes after I woke up.

Next week I'm on a business trip so you can all expect Flames to absolutely dominate

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I just cant help myself, I need to know the scores as soon as I wake up. Thats been my morning routine for 30 years: wake up and check the NHL scoreboard. Back in the late 80's I literally was at the living room checking teletext less than 2minutes after I woke up.

Next week I'm on a business trip so you can all expect Flames to absolutely dominate

:laugh:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Sounds like a Go Fund Me situation if I ever did hear one.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
This whole swapping Tkachuk and Lindholm thing hasn't solved anything.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Alan Walsh intensifies

9oCNevp.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett needs to get away from Janks.

Had this conversation with a coworker today.
I don't think the Flames can make crazy noise with Jankowski as the 3C. The only reason that Janko works as a poor man's 3C, is because Ryan is like the billionaire's 4C.

The two biggest holes Tre needs to fill this offseason, to make Calgary a high end competitor in this league:
2C to push everyone down 1, and Jankowski to the wing.
1G to make our lives easier.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Had this conversation with a coworker today.
I don't think the Flames can make crazy noise with Jankowski as the 3C. The only reason that Janko works as a poor man's 3C, is because Ryan is like the billionaire's 4C.

The two biggest holes Tre needs to fill this offseason, to make Calgary a high end competitor in this league:
2C to push everyone down 1, and Jankowski to the wing.
1G to make our lives easier.

Much as I love Backlund (and I do), having the ability to use him as the 3C in a shutdown capacity would go a long way in making us a real contender. In my ideal world we package Jank+ to a rebuilding team who can provide us with a higher offensive skill 2C.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad