Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Cam is under contract for 5.875mm for next year. Not knowing how he was used its hard to judge but 28 pts in 70 games and a minus 22 doesn't scream "let's add him" to my ears.
He's not worth his current contract, but that was already a known issue and it's only for the one year. He's the sort of "glue guy" with enough love for Columbus that I think would be helpful to bring back. And I am totally being 100% objective about this and not at all relying on motivated reasoning in that assessment. :nod:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

So this whole Johansen thing seems weird. He wasn't a locker room fit in Colorado, Philly took him in a trade. They found out he was injured after the trade. They were unable to unload his salary ad can't send him down because he was injured. Now he says he'll never be able to play again to turn this into LTIR cap relief?

I hope our new GM can work the system this well.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone have a link to download the Stanley Cup playoff schedule to Google Calendar?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Florida looks so damn good

Have you seen Boston?

BTW, I have watched two Boston games with Peeke and he is the furthest thing from a tough guy the NHL has. I watched one game where he should have fought Jeannot and he stepped back and let a teammate fight instead. Last night he ended on his butt after a scrum in front of his net when Toronto snowed Swayman. How did we ever start a season thinking he would be our tough guy?

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Aww. Baby is just grumpy because he thought he was getting away from a rebuild with Nick Foligno hovering over kids and getting the praise he feels he deserves.

You made your bed, Seth. Deal with it.

Do you think it was a coincidence that his brother signed to play in CHI around the same time??

Was Jarmo prepared and willing to pay both Werenski and Jones what they were worth??

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Have you seen Boston?

BTW, I have watched two Boston games with Peeke and he is the furthest thing from a tough guy the NHL has. I watched one game where he should have fought Jeannot and he stepped back and let a teammate fight instead. Last night he ended on his butt after a scrum in front of his net when Toronto snowed Swayman. How did we ever start a season thinking he would be our tough guy?

He's one of the most frequent hitters and frequent shot blockers. That's what we saw, functional toughness, not an enforcer.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
He's one of the most frequent hitters and frequent shot blockers. That's what we saw, functional toughness, not an enforcer.

Yet we started the 21-22 season with him as the de facto enforcer. He was third on that team in penalty minutes (surprisingly Gavrikov led the way). We were playing an 18 year old rookie the whole season and the toughest guys on the team were Peeke and Kuraly.

Peeke has had 2 fights in his entire career. Both were early in the 21-22 season. Neither went in Peeke’s favor. He fought Logan Crouse and Tanner Jeannot. In the Logan Crouse fight Jody says that Peeke had been working with Boll trying to get some tips.

I mean this as more a knock on CBJ management than on Peeke.

That Boston - Toronto game was full of hard hits yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Peeke, other than getting knocked on his butt, looked better than he did with Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad