Around Hockey XVIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Seems the Pens figured out Lundqvist. High glove. To be fair, though, the Rangers D was horrible this entire series. Penguins peaked at the right time, however, and might be able to give the Caps a run for their money.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Man, if my Blues blow another series where they had a two game lead, I look for Hitch to be gone. Don't know how he survives another collapse like that.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
SM-liiga is asking on their twitter account for people to stop calling them ****** and not to send threats or wish that someone would die. This kind of talk has been directed to their office. Finals are ongoing by the way.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
It looked like they froze the replay of the non goal in the Wild/Stars game. Wish they would have kept it going to see if the goalie kicked it out.

Last edited:

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Finland is about to do the treble in World Championship tournaments this year.

U-18, U-20 and men's gold soon now that Koivu, Barkov Junior and Mi. Granlund are destined to join the tournament. Too bad the coaching isn't up for the challenge so it might be World Cup instead but you can always rebel against the coaching and turn the tide.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd like to say I can't believe the Blues choked another series away, but I can't say it. They just can't beat Chicago. So long Hitch. I don't see any way the Blues win game 7.

Is there no goalie more overrated on HF than John Gibson? I think he's talented, but I'd take Freddy Andersen over him all day. Anaheim should pick him.

Pens-Caps is going to be epic.

And Finland is well on their way to becoming even more of a hockey power than they already are. I think they can easily supplant USA/Russia/Sweden (whichever order you want) as the 2nd best hockey nation in the near future.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Is there no goalie more overrated on HF than John Gibson? I think he's talented, but I'd take Freddy Andersen over him all day. Anaheim should pick him.

Pens-Caps is going to be epic.

Agree on the latter. Not sure about your first point. Gibson had slightly better stats but they both ran hot and cold this season.Gibson is a few years. Ducks already extended Gibson. We'll have to see about Anderson - if he will be traded (my guess) or re-signed.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Lazy Joey just went coast to coast and had a fantastic dish to Neal to go up 2-0.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
He hardly went "coast to coast" and Perry's abysmal defensive play there is the main reason Neal got a scoring chance.

Seriously. What Joey did there was not that impressive. And I'm far from being a Johansen hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce