OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I get the "colonization" angle, but I think its a stretch for most folks here in the west. And I say that only because after 36 years in Tampa, I've lived out here for several years and my daughter has been in PC going on 15. SLC has the Temple, but the city itself has had several D mayors, one of which was a lesbian. With two universities in town, it is a very progressive city, and I doubt many, if any, residents will see "Pioneers" in a negative light.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big Rig is playing so well for Boston. Just stole the puck in the neutral zone which lead to a great scoring chance by their 4th line.

I’m enjoying Maroon forcing Bruin fans to cheer for him after years of playing the villain

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I get the "colonization" angle, but I think its a stretch for most folks here in the west. And I say that only because after 36 years in Tampa, I've lived out here for several years and my daughter has been in PC going on 15. SLC has the Temple, but the city itself has had several D mayors, one of which was a lesbian. With two universities in town, it is a very progressive city, and I doubt many, if any, residents will see "Pioneers" in a negative light.
I'd figure that the vast majority of Americans, especially in the east, don't know much about the Mormon Pioneers (which is the implication of Utah Pioneers).

I don't think the nuance will really matter.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lindy Ruff is another good coach, but I'm not sure if he's the guy.

The fans are familiar with him, which is nice, but also kind of irrelevant. He took the Devils pretty far, but they figured he wasn't the guy to actually get them to contention.

I'm not sure that guy is really available. Since Ruff is 64 years old, they should probably hire some younger coaches they think have high-end potential.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Utah Yetis it is.

Venom, Outlaws, Fury, Blizzard, Yetis, ...Pioneers?, and two more.

Utah Scorpions could do some damage in a fan bracket.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What (other) wild life is common in Utah? According to a 10 second Google search: Elk, Moose, Deer, Red Fox, Badger, Condor, Flying Squirrel - among others.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What (other) wild life is common in Utah? According to a 10 second Google search: Elk, Moose, Deer, Red Fox, Badger, Condor, Flying Squirrel - among others.

I feel that mascotdb.com kind of already did the leg work. It's not comprehensive, but it's pretty much all the team names that have been used in the English-speaking world.

If it's up to an internet poll, then it's about appealing to that crowd.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad