Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Any idea of when the next round will start? I know it will depend on when these series end, but just trying to plan for a weekend trip to Tampa. I picked up some game 2 tickets in pre-sale just in case, but I'm thinking I may have to switch to game 1 if these go to 7.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Any idea of when the next round will start? I know it will depend on when these series end, but just trying to plan for a weekend trip to Tampa. I picked up some game 2 tickets in pre-sale just in case, but I'm thinking I may have to switch to game 1 if these go to 7.
I think they'll make sure to give the winner of Washington/Pitt at least two nights off before the series starts. So that would imply Thursday at the earliest.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think they'll make sure to give the winner of Washington/Pitt at least two nights off before the series starts. So that would imply Thursday at the earliest.
That's what I'm thinking. I also think I heard that there is a concert at Amalie Saturday. So if the Caps win I would think it would be Thursday/Friday for game 1, and maybe Sunday for game 2.

If it goes to 7, they'll either cut the break short and start Friday, or have game 1 on Sunday I guess.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

200w.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looks like he did indeed embarrass his teammates and the organization. I don't think his latest vow to clean up his act has anything to do with the league. Sweeney has no weighed in. (<-- Always thought Sweeney to be a class guy, and figured he wouldn't stand for this kind of BS the way former management groups may have.)

I think some people talked to him in the dressing room. Probably before Game 5, given the way Marchand performed. He looked like he was embarrassed to be on the ice.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Looks like he did indeed embarrass his teammates and the organization. I don't think his latest vow to clean up his act has anything to do with the league. Sweeney has no weighed in. (<-- Always thought Sweeney to be a class guy, and figured he wouldn't stand for this kind of BS the way former management groups may have.)

I think some people talked to him in the dressing room. Probably before Game 5, given the way Marchand performed. He looked like he was embarrassed to be on the ice.

Supposedly Chara (probably among others) was not pleased with the antics.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We lose out this series I'm on the Caps bandwagon against whoever comes out in the West. DC sports fans have waited a long time for a Cup and Ovechkin merely over a dozen years and somewhere in the neighborhood of a quarter of the team's existence. I want us to win but it'll suck far... FAR less if I see #8 with that beautiful silver chalice over his head. Sometimes it's someone else's turn to win and I fully accept it and embrace it should this be Ovechkin's long awaited turn.

But in the meantime let's pray for his greatest defeat yet

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Out of all the small skilled guys we've brought up over the years that were compared to MSL the one we let go is the one closest to him, JAM having a hell of a season/playoffs.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I think Vegas winning a cup would be really bad for the NHL. Hell having them get this far is bad enough.

Either it suggests WAY to much randomness or Vegas, as great of a job as they did drafting, had far to many advantages.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Vegas winning a cup would be really bad for the NHL. Hell having them get this far is bad enough.

Either it suggests WAY to much randomness or Vegas, as great of a job as they did drafting, had far to many advantages.

What advantage did they have that put them over cup favorites? Not to mention all the revenues from Vegas right out the gate with a season like this, how is that bad for the league. This is dumb.

Their best player is a guy we let go for free, nice advanatge I guess.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
What advantage did they have that put them over cup favorites? This is dumb.

Their best player is a guy we let go for free.
Limited number of protected players allowed relative to previous expansions. JAM should still be a Panther. Guess I should be glad he’s not.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo

I was just thinking the same thing. Though honestly I think they’re winning the cup anyway at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad