Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow crazy, so Tampa could still face either Toronto, Florida, Philly, Columbus or NJ in the 1st round.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Those just look like a regular version of a jersey pin, not a special edition one. You can actually get regular Lightning jersey pins in the Amalie Arena store right now. There are even a few player versions (Kuch, Stammer, Cally, Heddy) available. They have both away and home and the now retired black Bolts pins. Plus there are still some pins for Vinny's jersey retirement and other stuff.

I kinda...sorta collect Lightning pins. :oops:
Oh yeah, looks like it.Thanks for the info. Still, it would be cool if they make every player's pin available and also make special edition ones.
Pins are fun as you get to choose where to put them.

Okay Bolts...time to sell moar stuff by winning!!

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Oh yeah, looks like it.Thanks for the info. Still, it would be cool if they make every player's pin available and also make special edition ones.
Pins are fun as you get to choose where to put them.

Okay Bolts...time to sell moar stuff by winning!!

I wish they would make every player available. :( They will probably make special pins for the playoffs. Since I'm a teacher, I wear my ID badge on a Lightning 25th Anniversary lanyard and rotate my Lighting pins in and out. My Star Trek Science insignia pin, Jedi Order pin and Ravenclaw house pin are permanents. :D

Yes, I'm a geek but it's acceptable since I teach physics. ;)

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

There's a concert on Wednesday at Amalie, could this mean Bolts are bound to play on Friday?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Blues and the Avs are pathetic. They have lost 7 games in a row combined when fighting for the last playoff spot in the West.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
The Blues and the Avs are pathetic. They have lost 7 games in a row combined when fighting for the last playoff spot in the West.
So is Stars who still has a shot somehow...

Curious how the Rangers (fans ) are feeling about vs. Flyers now. Some want them to tank but I guess they also want to knock Flyers out of the playoff.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So is Stars who still has a shot somehow...

Curious how the Rangers (fans ) are feeling about vs. Flyers now. Some want them to tank but I guess they also want to knock Flyers out of the playoff.
Stars are out of it since the Blues and the Avs will face each other and one of them has to win that game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**** me running if it's the Devils. I want NO part of Taylor Hall right now

I mean they had Tampa’s number in the regular season, playoffs are different, but still think it would be a difficult series. Think they could still win but think it would take 6 or even 7 games.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm indifferent. I just want to get there without everyone being hurt. I would much rather not face the Devils though

I would agree about being healthy going in. Im leaning towards wanting to wrap up the division though. 2 teams we should beat. Just finish it off.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I would agree about being healthy going in. Im leaning towards wanting to wrap up the division though. 2 teams we should beat. Just finish it off.

I hate to say it but for as little as I want to face a team like the Devils I would rather someone else take out Boston. It's not that I do not think we can beat the Bruins. I truly think we can. We've spent a lot of this time just trying to get to the playoffs in once piece and I think the fact we lost to them means nothing. Not that I think another team should do the dirty work. It's that for 3 years this team could have and probably should have won championships and never did because its most important players were hurt at the worst possible time. Against the Hawks it was Johnson and Bishop. Kucherov ate the net in game 5 and Stamkos wasn't the same man we had seen in the NYR series. They don't talk about it but they were 50% at best. Next year we have to get to the ECF with Stralman on one leg, Bishop out, Stamkos with a blood clot. Next year? We iced an AHL team for probably 1/3 or 1/2 the season.

I don't trust Boston and I don't trust that the Penguins aren't gonna be on the other side waiting for us after a 6 game 2nd round series that's played clean. They'll have time to recover I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch Marchand have an "accident" with someone like Point, Chara kills Johnson or a guy like Heinen or DeBrusk goes 150% at the net, crashes into Vasy and inadvertently ends his playoff run. But that's okay Lightning. Go stop the 3 peat!

I have faith in us. I don't have faith that Boston won't be out to kill us. If someone else takes them out then at least we have some more luck

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For what it's worth I don't want to sound like I'm slandering Boston. There's a fine line between dirty and reckless. Marchand is the exception. The rest of the Bruins are a reckless team and I never minded it. You wanna win? Safe is death. But I do not trust that they are going to know where the limit is and I do not trust it will turn into "If I go down I'm taking you with me!!!"

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Injuries are a part of the game. Anything can happen on the ice. Including goons hurting people. Gotta be ready for any and all outcomes. The thing I love about this team compared to teams past is our depth. If TJ goes down we have Point and vice versa. If both go down we have Gourde. Miller can play center too. We have options. D is deeper too. Goaltending isnt as deep but Vasi has been able to stay healthy (knock on wood). Injuries can be worrisome but Im less worried this year than years past. Even if we are playing a dirty team like Boston.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The Bs have a bad reputation from the (even recent) past but they’re not a dirty team. Marchand yes. But other than that? No more Horton etc. They’re way faster and way more talented than the team we faced in 2011. And a lot less physical IMO.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
They might and that's unfortunate but, with all due respect to St. Louis, truly, I don't want them in the playoffs because they're a waste of time. They already said they were giving up on 2018 when they traded Stastny away. They're a boring team, shallow on depth, now without Tarasenko, and have a 0% chance at winning the Cup. I'm not saying Colorado has much better of a chance but they would at least be a bit more entertaining with the high-end talent they have. Could make a series with Nashville entertaining whereas the Nashville-St. Louis playoff series last year was an utter bore in most games.

Reactions: Steazy Doo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad