Armstrong

Ayatollah Chowmeini

May 27, 2010
MTL/MKE
haha no but seriously bros.

i used to hate this guy when he was on others teams - I remember him injuring one of our players with a dirty elbow on the boards one time (SK74?) - but check out his latest interview on rds.ca. Armstrong seems like a cool guy, and I read somewhere that he was a Habs fan growing up :yo:

Take your pick...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I would never design a lineup with Armstrong off of it, but I would consider the Canadiens options because Armstrong just injured the top scorer in the Northeast and is out on a 10 game suspension ;)

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
i'll take your word for it, but i didn't see that in the video :dunno:

Didn't see it in the 17 second video? Hmm . . . ;)

Anyway, you do see Souray come up ice at Armstrong at the last second of that video. Let me find a video of Souray actually pummelling Armstrong.

Here we go:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Anyway, you do see Souray come up ice at Armstrong at the last second of that video. Let me find a video of Souray actually pummelling Armstrong.

Here we go:

yeah, i didn't see it in the video that was shown. so?

anyways, glad to see i was wrong

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Wait. LAPIERRE took on Armstrong?

Lapierre?

Lapierre?!

Impossible! Every fan around the league say he's a gutless ******** who just chips and never do anything for his team.

Well he is a gutless ***** really. His fight card includes heavyweights like Petr Prucha, Mike Comrie, Matt Stajan, PJ Axellson.

He was and is a rodent of the highest order. Defending a teammate once doesn't change that.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
i don't get your point... the hits look clean to me. the only thing that bothered me is that no one seemed to give a **** when he flattened saku :shakehead

Looks to me like a forearm to the head. Definitely head hunting, definitely a dirty play, definitely legal under the old rules. SAD!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Here we go:

Souray ended up getting 5 for fighting, 2 for instigating, a 10 minute misconduct and thrown out of the game. Armstrong... added a highlight reel hit to his resume.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't think I've ever seen a Habs lineup drawn up which doesn't include Armstrong? (For this season, since he was signed).

Interesting the rep he has for hitting so hard and everything, he sort of looks kind of frail relative to many players. It would be cool if he panned out for us, but I don't think anybody has any real expectations for him either way. If he contributes, great, if not, no problemo, there is no real investment there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad