Armstrong

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
I have a question for you Habs fan that "draw up" a line up that doesn't include Armstrong, why? I'm a Ranger fan looking in from the outside and totally see the benefits of you guys signing both Army and Prust. I think you guys fail to remember that at one point this guy was one of the faces for the Pens franchise. He had a tough time in T.O. due to injury but is healthy and roaring to go now! I just have a hard time understanding how some of you don't figure this guy into your lineup?!?!?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I have a question for you Habs fan that "draw up" a line up that doesn't include Armstrong, why? I'm a Ranger fan looking in from the outside and totally see the benefits of you guys signing both Army and Prust. I think you guys fail to remember that at one point this guy was one of the faces for the Pens franchise. He had a tough time in T.O. due to injury but is healthy and roaring to go now! I just have a hard time understanding how some of you don't figure this guy into your lineup?!?!?
Once he was stripped of his Tour De France medals we lost interest in him. Let him go hang out with Sammy Sosa.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Once he was stripped of his Tour De France medals we lost interest in him. Let him go hang out with Sammy Sosa.

Yeah, not to mention Armstrong peaked in 1969 when his performance was out of this world, he's fallen back to earth since then.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Does he get to keep credit for doing the moon dance thing?

-------------------

Posters here have an infatuation with Bourque and believe he has a future with the team and to a lesser extent, Gallagher.

PricePkPatch*

Yeah, not to mention Armstrong peaked in 1969 when his performance was out of this world, he's fallen back to earth since then.

Plus, you know he could never top "Hello Dolly", so why try to rely on someone you know his best work was behind him?

PricePkPatch*

Does he get to keep credit for doing the moon dance thing?

-------------------

Posters here have an infatuation with Bourque and believe he has a future with the team and to a lesser extent, Gallagher.

Funny how things turn around. Just 2 weeks ago Bourque was the plague that was gonna be bought up next summer.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I'm pretty darn excited about Armstrong

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nice.

MAYO, sorry for sabotaging your thread, I went for the low hanging fruit on a joke and was obiviously topped by Agnostic on the very next post so I got what I deserved.

Anyways as far as Armstrong goes his signing went under the radar probably due to the lockout. To be honest I had forgotten all about him until your post. So in answer to your question... probably a combination of it being a new year and the lockout. Armstrong will give us a does of grit that the club could surely use and that's a very good thing.

BTW, anyone remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrLEyosv5c

Good ol' Stretch Armstrong.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
I love these threads for this exact reason! Not seeing value in a guy like Colby with the lack of size and physical play the Habs showed on a nightly basis is baffling to me that you guys see no value in him. News flash, Prust plays like he's 6'5, 250 pounds, but you need more then one guy to play that role. I have money that says Armstrong plays some of the best hockey he's played since going to Atl. and you guys move him at trade dead line and there'll be a post here with you guys cursing management!:sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I think fans are looking at last year's Armstrong(out most of the year and not looking 100% when he did play) when projecting. If he can play like in Pit and Atl he will be a menace on the 3rd or 4th line...and maybe ocasionally 2nd line.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Funny how things turn around. Just 2 weeks ago Bourque was the plague that was gonna be bought up next summer.

If there was only going to be 1 buyout I thought it should of gone to Bourque instead of Gomez.

The OP is right about players like Prust and Armstrong and I think if Armsrong plays well and stays healthy players like Bourque will be in the press box watching the team from a distance. Don't forget Bergevin chose to sign players like Prust and Armstrong, the ghost left us guys like Bourque, who we have no idea what management really thinks of him.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Nice.

MAYO, sorry for sabotaging your thread, I went for the low hanging fruit on a joke and was obiviously topped by Agnostic on the very next post so I got what I deserved.

Anyways as far as Armstrong goes his signing went under the radar probably due to the lockout. To be honest I had forgotten all about him until your post. So in answer to your question... probably a combination of it being a new year and the lockout. Armstrong will give us a does of grit that the club could surely use and that's a very good thing.

BTW, anyone remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrLEyosv5c

Good ol' Stretch Armstrong.

:laugh:

Agreed . I like the direction the team is headed on 3rd and 4th lines, not trying to stick out-of-place offensive players with not-enough scoring touch to the lower lines
but rather build hard to play against trios that can play a little hockey too.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Well all I can say is that as a Rangers fan I would have loved for us to have signed Army rather then Asham. As for Prust, you guys are going to love his game, this is another guy who battles every single shift he's out there and will go toe to toe with anyone despite being out weighed by 50 pounds. I seriously hope you guys turn things around this year, sucks that you're having trouble locking in PK!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal

If he can stay healthy he'll help out for sure. Always was a fan of his. Or I hated when the Habs played against him I should say. Trouble is that is a big if.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Lol....been a Blue Shirt fan my whole life, sorry. Let's just say as an Anglo, I got tired of politics surrounding the whole language thing being brought to a bloody sports team, just ridiculous if you ask me.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

I'd draw a line up without Armstong mainly because I don't think he'll last all season. Aside from that I think he should be used with Bourque & Eller if he's in good shape, not with Prust, that's a bit of a waste imho.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
haha no but seriously bros.

i used to hate this guy when he was on others teams - I remember him injuring one of our players with a dirty elbow on the boards one time (SK74?) - but check out his latest interview on rds.ca. Armstrong seems like a cool guy, and I read somewhere that he was a Habs fan growing up :yo:

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
haha no but seriously bros.

i used to hate this guy when he was on others teams - I remember him injuring one of our players with a dirty elbow on the boards one time (SK74?) - but check out his latest interview on rds.ca. Armstrong seems like a cool guy, and I read somewhere that he was a Habs fan growing up :yo:

That's why he always played balls out against us, he was a die hard Habs fan growing up !

:yo:

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Here here. I'm all for giving him a chance, especially considering our many weaknesses and lack of toughness.
I'm even ready to forgive Bourque.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Well all I can say is that as a Rangers fan I would have loved for us to have signed Army rather then Asham. As for Prust, you guys are going to love his game, this is another guy who battles every single shift he's out there and will go toe to toe with anyone despite being out weighed by 50 pounds. I seriously hope you guys turn things around this year, sucks that you're having trouble locking in PK!

This concerns me. I don't want Prust going toe to toe with a guy much bigger. We need a heavy weight to do that stuff. Let Prust stay in his weight class so he won't get killed.
By the way, I hope your boys put a hurt on the Boo-ins tonight. I hate this team so much.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I was gonna post "oh you're talking about Colby, I thought this was a lance post" I was obviously beaten to the punch :laugh:

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I used to hate Armstrong when he played against the Leafs. But as a Leafs fan I grew to hate him more playing for us. At least the Habs are paying him closer to what he is worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad