Armia to be better than Landeskog and Larsson?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Right now heck no. Maybe in the future, but who knows at this point. Armia has the tools and has already developed greatly over the past 10 months for example, but he has a whole lot to improve in different areas in his game. Overall Armia is still pretty raw (and a risk) if you compare him to the top prospects. (basically what DiBi said)

The optimism and excitement sometimes get the best of me though when I'm talking about a promising player from my favorite team.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
top 10 talent for sure...but at this point he is behind the top 4. It'll be interesting to see if teams select forwards over some Dmen this year like last year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is it just me or did Armia look very weird skating in that goal posted.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The first thing people need to remember is that 5-10 years from now, when we look back at this draft, of the top 5 players from the draft, only 2-3 will be taken in the top 5. Perhaps not even that. There will be some serious allstar talents taken outside the top 10 actually, so let's not go overboard with "not even close" or "no chance" kind of stuff.

That said, it is all about probabilities right now, and certainly Larsson and Landeskog might be the two safest guys in the draft. Worst case, Larsson will be a steady top pairing guy, and Landeskog will be a 20 goal guy who plays a leadership roll. That's worst case. For Armia, worst case is he has a cup of coffee in North America with little success and returns home.

In terms of upside though, I think he is a guy that could challenge for that top 5 in the draft 10 years out (Or be a bust). He has already scored at an elite level against men in a tight defensive league. His skating needs work, but skating is one area players can improve considerably on. If a guy doesn't have good hands at 18, he isn't going to find them when he's 22. He also looked solid at the WJC, which is on par with other elite talents in the draft.

He is definitely a swing for the fence kind of guy, who could go top 10, or drop to the 20-30 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad