Speculation: Armchair GM Thread 2021-22 V (The Undiscovered Country)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
how about a three way with the Blues that involves some future from the blues and maybe Tarasenko for cap reasons/optics of trade

CGY:
Eichel, buffalo 3rd 2023

Buffalo:
CGY 1st 2022
CGY D prospect, maybe kilington or Valimaki if need be
Bolduc ( this years 17OA, centreman)
Tarasenko or another prospect if they see fit.

St.Louis:
Tkachyk, CGY 2nd 2023

It would need a little refining but I think its a start

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I have a proposal:

Tkachuk + Kylington to Nashville for Forsberg+ Cody Glass - Forsberg is rumored to be unhappy with recent player transactions in nashville and is a ufa next season. Strong player, but he's older and has no team control next year so Tkachuk is worth way more. Cody glass is newly acquired and might not be attached within the org yet.

Meanwhile, we use Glass as a centrepiece in the eichel deal (rumored to want a top centre prospect; glass might still work here:)

R. Andersson+Cody Glass+ another of our top 3 propects (Coronato, Zary or Pelletier)+ 1st 2021 for eichel

Flames could have:

gaudreau-Eichel-Monahan
Forsberg-Lindholm-coleman
Mangiapane-Backlund-Dube
Lucic-Lewis-Pitlick

Maybe look to make another move for a dman after.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I have a proposal:

Tkachuk + Kylington to Nashville for Forsberg+ Cody Glass - Forsberg is rumored to be unhappy with recent player transactions in nashville and is a ufa next season. Strong player, but he's older and has no team control next year so Tkachuk is worth way more. Cody glass is newly acquired and might not be attached within the org yet.

Meanwhile, we use Glass as a centrepiece in the eichel deal (rumored to want a top centre prospect; glass might still work here:)

R. Andersson+Cody Glass+ another of our top 3 propects (Coronato, Zary or Pelletier)+ 1st 2021 for eichel

Flames could have:

gaudreau-Eichel-Monahan
Forsberg-Lindholm-coleman
Mangiapane-Backlund-Dube
Lucic-Lewis-Pitlick

Maybe look to make another move for a dman after.

I think the forward group is too much cap.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Essentially what I proposed would require us to run both of Valimaki and Mackey full time with their low contract hits this year. but our offense would be great.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
So been reading your threads for a few days trying to get to know the team… Something tells me you all want Eichel. Idk just a random guess o_O

I’m curious how many of you would want to trade for him rn, or wait to at least see him after surgery for a season. Considering the asking price personally I’d be too worried to make a trade rn.

* Vibe seems like you want him now. But is nobody worried about post surgery?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I kind of wondering if there's a 3-way deal that has Tarasenko (20%) and Eichel both in Calgary, Tkachuk in St Louis and all the futures under the stars to Buffalo. At this time Tank's got negative value, Tkachuk would be a cult favourite in St Louis; Buffalo could end up with 5 pieces that are first round equivalents.
That's what I was thinking. Gotta have both

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
So been reading your threads for a few days trying to get to know the team… Something tells me you all want Eichel. Idk just a random guess o_O

I’m curious how many of you would want to trade for him rn, or wait to at least see him after surgery for a season. Considering the asking price personally I’d be too worried to make a trade rn.

Now would be cheaper than post surgery, assuming he's just as effective after it.

The logic is simple - the Flames are the definition of mediocre. Getting Eichel and him returning to form could help propel the team into contention. However, if he's ineffective, it pushes the team into a rebuild. It's win-win. Well sort of; either way they'd miss out on the next two phenoms but there'll be more after that.

Reactions: Taluss

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
how about a three way with the Blues that involves some future from the blues and maybe Tarasenko for cap reasons/optics of trade

CGY:
Eichel, buffalo 3rd 2023

Buffalo:
CGY 1st 2022
CGY D prospect, maybe kilington or Valimaki if need be
Bolduc ( this years 17OA, centreman)
Tarasenko or another prospect if they see fit.

St.Louis:
Tkachyk, CGY 2nd 2023

It would need a little refining but I think its a start
That's a steal for St Louis
St Louis gives up Bolduc and Tarasenko for Tkachuk and a 2nd????
Why get the Blues involved at all..Tkachuk is not a pending UFA, and change Kylington/Valimaki (Sabres don't need LD)
So if Tkachuk, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, and Dube for Eichel

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

The surgery is largely cosmetic. He'll be fine

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
The surgery is largely cosmetic. He'll be fine

I am definitely more of an over hesitant person on this. When he cost 10mill for 5 years I’m worried about how he will hold up after being hit hard every few days. Plus it only takes 1 bad hit to the back of the neck into the boards to possibly screw him.

I definitely understand why you guys want to take the risk though, could be huge for the Flames if he returns to form!

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Yes. I was. And then a separate deal for eichel. Gotta get spicey
Tkachuk is worth significantly more than than Tarasenko straight up. He is worth enough for Calgary to fortify the future part of the package for Eichel

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Tkachuk is worth significantly more than than Tarasenko straight up. He is worth enough for Calgary to fortify the future part of the package for Eichel
Sure that too..but maybe get more out of St Louis because Tkachuk won't want to re-sign with Buffalo

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
That's a steal for St Louis
St Louis gives up Bolduc and Tarasenko for Tkachuk and a 2nd????
Why get the Blues involved at all..Tkachuk is not a pending UFA, and change Kylington/Valimaki (Sabres don't need LD)
So if Tkachuk, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, and Dube for Eichel

Blues could add a pick instead of tarasenko or robert rhomas

In that rumor that was shared today it said chucky wanted to go to the states and buffalo wasnst interested in him becuase as an RFA he likely wouldnt sign.

He has ties to Stlouis and it would probably be a top spot for him to go, maybe ottawa to play with his brother

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I kind of wondering if there's a 3-way deal that has Tarasenko (20%) and Eichel both in Calgary, Tkachuk in St Louis and all the futures under the stars to Buffalo. At this time Tank's got negative value, Tkachuk would be a cult favourite in St Louis; Buffalo could end up with 5 pieces that are first round equivalents.
What's the value difference in Tarasenko @ 20% and Tkachuk? Certainly more than a first round pick, no?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What's the value difference in Tarasenko @ 20% and Tkachuk? Certainly more than a first round pick, no?

I'd think something like
Tkachuk for Tarasenko @20% retained, Blues 2022 first round pick, Robert Thomas

I mean, they're getting a 23 year old all-star that likely will only want to play for them, they move the guy who's grumpy and doesn't want to play there.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Sure that too..but maybe get more out of St Louis because Tkachuk won't want to re-sign with Buffalo
oops sorry...i needed to clarify..Tkachuk to St Louis for Tarasenko plus say a 2nd and a prospect.
Then Tarasenko, St L 2nd and St L Prospect plus Calgary 1st for Eichel...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I think the surgery thing isn't a huge deal.
If the surgery thing was a really big deal, this conversation wouldn't be about 'where's Eichel going', it'd be more about 'is Eichel's career over?'

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I believe the perception on our board is that Eichel is generally not available or the price tag completely unreasonable without the current concerns. Some feel the concerns are a little over exaggerated. The concept also pairs up with the Tkachuk concerns some fans have and they're more likely to latch on the Eichel concept as a two birds one stone solution to both our 1C woes and the Tkachuk concerns. The surgery isn't without risk, but the perception is that it's a risk worth taking and staying with our current roster isn't without risk either.

That's why we'd want a trade for him right away. It's a narrow window where certain things on Calgary's side all align that point to a potential solution in Eichel. If the timing is different, it might not make as much sense as it does right now.

We'd also be interested to see how our team plays with the roster talent moved for a guy of Eichel's calibre as well as without him. The team is stronger if they can still play at a high level without their best player (ie: Injury or other team totally shuts them down). This can kinda be understood watching Tampa playing without Stamkos and Kucherov. This is also perhaps why we aren't completely concerned about the surgery. We can afford to wait for him to heal and to heal properly and we have the roster and talent that should be able to pull it off.

Reactions: Taluss

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Regarding Tkachuk, put me in the "say it ain't so Joe" crowd. I just don't want to believe it.
Although I'm not surprised that Tkachuk would be a key piece in any trade for Eichel as he can fetch the type of futures that Buffalo desires... I just don't want to believe that the reason he's a key piece is because he doesn't want to play here anymore.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Given that Pittsburgh was sniffing around Lucic, allegedly...

You could move out Lucic (PIT) + Tkachuk (STL), acquire Tarasenko + Eichel, sign Zadorov and still be cap compliant.

Reactions: Boomstick

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Is this a sign for concern or more a result of quarantine and all that still impacting prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad