Speculation: Armchair GM Thread 2021-22 V (The Undiscovered Country)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Seem like nobody wants to make any kind of significant deal with Treliving. He really doesn’t have many available assets to play with

this has been going on since last year

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Seem like nobody wants to make any kind of significant deal with Treliving. He really doesn’t have many available assets to play with

this has been going on since last year
Yup, the music is playing but no dance partner. Pro scouts around the league must not be high on many flames players, outside of say Mangiapane who is a shiny new toy after the worlds, Gaudreau and obviously Tkachyk. Pretty sad

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yup, the music is playing but no dance partner. Pro scouts around the league must not be high on many flames players, outside of say Mangiapane who is a shiny new toy after the worlds, Gaudreau and obviously Tkachyk. Pretty sad
He probably doesn’t want to deal Tkachuk and Mangi.

I don’t think the return for Johnny is that much.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not surprised about the Tkachuk news, if true. One of the most disgraceful, self-involved seasons I've ever seen from a Flames player and I will not miss him

I’ve been on the trade him over Gaudreau bandwagon for awhile too. He’s too slow and if the locker room issues are true well all the more reason for a shakeup

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010

Apparently the source is the same one that broke the Coleman, Lewis, Pitlick, and Lucic/Neal deals way before anything was made public.

Eichel. We're so getting him.
pls.
The Tkachuk thing sucks, though. If he's not included in the Eichel trade, the package we could potentially get for him in a separate deal is intriguing.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’ve been on the trade him over Gaudreau bandwagon for awhile too. He’s too slow and if the locker room issues are true well all the more reason for a shakeup
He chats a big game and goes invisible in important moments every single time.

If he wants a trade with Darryl f***ing Sutter now here, he was never serious about winning in the first place

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So:

Cgy
Eichel

Ott
Tkachuk

Buf
Cgy 1st/Zary/Valimaki/++ from ottawa?

Ottawa gets the Chuck bros. We get Eichel. Buffalo gets their futures they're after.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
If the Tkachuk thing is true, Good riddance. The team shouldn't be expected to step up for you if you throw a toddler tantrum over absolutely nothing. If someone had actually harmed him or another player I'd get the reaction, but that was like game 10 of the regular season and Muzzin paid you back in the tiniest way possible for falling onto his goalie on the previous game.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
How about a deal around Forsberg + picks for Tkatchuk. Use the picks to mitigate the damage from an Eichel trade and run a top six of:

Johnny - Eichel - Forsberg
Mangi - Lindholm - Coleman

3 RHS in our top 6.
We give up a boat load of futures to Buffalo, but have Nashville picks to help soften the blow.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
In retrospect, we really should have traded Frolik when he first asked and extended Tkachuk long-term. Slight misstep that has snowballed into a huge hurdle for us years later

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If he's actually going to refuse to sign long term then I guess he has to go in a trade. That sucks. He's a unique player . I do not want to lose tkachuk

Reactions: Kapteeni

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
St Louis might end up being the team that goes all in here.
They have the Tank issue though, which eats up a lot of cap. If he was dealt, there'd be space for Matthew and there'd be a lot of willingness to move some valuable assets into a deal.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
St Louis might end up being the team that goes all in here.
They have the Tank issue though, which eats up a lot of cap. If he was dealt, there'd be space for Matthew and there'd be a lot of willingness to move some valuable assets into a deal.
For tarasenko straight up. That would be ideal.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
For tarasenko straight up. That would be ideal.

I kind of wondering if there's a 3-way deal that has Tarasenko (20%) and Eichel both in Calgary, Tkachuk in St Louis and all the futures under the stars to Buffalo. At this time Tank's got negative value, Tkachuk would be a cult favourite in St Louis; Buffalo could end up with 5 pieces that are first round equivalents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad