Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2020-2021 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Adam Larsson is a soft liability. Give Seattle a pick or two for DeMelo

Dunno.
His relative numbers are pretty much dead-even in the middle of the team, which starts as a 'meh, vanilla' then you swap over to see how much that guy is asked to do in Edmonton and it's legitimately absurd. Think about how much we leaned heavily on Hanifin and Tanev this season to start in the defensive zone against some ugly competition; Larsson literally does that at a 5% increased rate than those two guys over the past 3 seasons on an incredibly more inept Oilers team.

I honestly think Calgary will try and emulate Montreal model (not that I approve), and the 6'3'' 215 frame of Larsson will be something they look at long and hard. Plus, Swedish, come on man.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Excitement over Eichel had better be tempered by the unknown of his neck injury. It won't do us any good to trade a Tkachuk and parts for the guy only to see him on LTIR.
I'm sure Treliving will do his due dilligence.
He'll be like the guy on Forged and Fire... Its not what the club can do to your neck... Its what your neck does to the club. WHACK.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Interesting artilce on another fan site. The author is proposing a MEGA deal with Arizona. Very intriguing and bold.

Flames Coyotes Mega Trade Proposal - RING OF FIRE

There's been a couple of the more popular fan-bloggers-twitter-personas within the Flames community that have been advocating for a Dvorak/Garland deal involving Monahan and some other goodies (I haven't read this, but I can just assume this is the deal).

I'd honestly prefer getting Monahan off the books more than anything. I like Garland, I'm concerned how he would do with Sutter at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad