Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It's gonna be Iginla.
source.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If you sign a guy like JVR and Rieder for depth. We could push Lindholm into our 2nd line center spot:

Gaudreau-Monahan-JVR
Bennett-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Reider-Backlund-Frolik (nice shut down line)
XXX-Janko-XXX

I think a Bennett-Lindholm-Tkachuk line could be insanley good.

If Lindholm gets a chance with the top line though I don't see him not meshing in though, but if he doesn't I think they will try Tkachuk next. Don't think we'd ever see this line come to fruition .

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I think a Bennett-Lindholm-Tkachuk line could be insanley good.

If Lindholm gets a chance with the top line though I don't see him not meshing in though, but if he doesn't I think they will try Tkachuk next. Don't think we'd ever see this line come to fruition .
Peters said he is going to use Chucky on the top line through preseason to see how he does. Told him to practice off season on the RW.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As much as I'd like Neal or Stastny, Vanek might be the best realistic option. Could really help our powerplay. 1 year 2 million could be the good value signing Treliving was after.

Thinking about having not one but TWO top 6 RWs on the roster after not having any or maybe one depending on the week for so long could be a surprisingly big boost.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Didn't someone from the front office specifically state that we're signing someone to help our PP? Doesn't sound like Grabner to me. JVR is a possibility, but I'd hope we're looking for a trigger-man more than a winger version of Monahan.

All in on Stastny

Aug 3, 2010
All of those UFAs can walk.
Sign Jankowski, Lindholm, Kulak, Hanifin, Rittich and Gillies.
I'd add Klimchuk to that list as well, and generally I agree, but with the philosophy that teams including Calgary has with regards to depth (more is more), I'd be surprised if at least one UFA wasn't re-signed for that reason.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'd add Klimchuk to that list as well, and generally I agree, but with the philosophy that teams including Calgary has with regards to depth (more is more), I'd be surprised if at least one UFA wasn't re-signed for that reason.
I can see us re-signing Wotherspoon and Goloubef. With so many of our D prospects on the verge of graduating, they'll need the depth in Stockton.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I can see us re-signing Wotherspoon and Goloubef. With so many of our D prospects on the verge of graduating, they'll need the depth in Stockton.

If I were Wotherspoon, I would want a shot at an NHL spot on a team that could potentially use a bottom pairing defender.

I'm not a Wotherspoon advocate, but I thought the guy deserved more ice time here.

Reactions: Cyrano

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Peters said he is going to use Chucky on the top line through preseason to see how he does. Told him to practice off season on the RW.

He also said he try Lindholm with them. He'll most definitely try both. I think putting Tkachuk on the rw means they want Bennett in the top 6 as a LW or at least giving him a huge opportunity.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This year Wotherspoon absolutely deserved a shot. But unfortunately for him Andersson is naturally next in line. He imois as good as Kulak,may maybe better.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'd be fine with Wotherspoon as our #7, it'd be great if he wasn't going elsewhere.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Kulak would be a #6, as Stone is #5. Not sure how that one could be confused.

I have little interest in Rieder. Sounds like his agent wants to get him a sweet raise but he hasn't shown anything truly remarkable. Then again it would be nice to sign a former Oilers draftee and turn him into something, that'd be kinda sweet. :laugh:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I have little interest in Rieder. Sounds like his agent wants to get him a sweet raise but he hasn't shown anything truly remarkable. Then again it would be nice to sign a former Oilers draftee and turn him into something, that'd be kinda sweet. :laugh:

I can't remember excatly, but hasn't that been the case with Rieder almost always?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kulak would be a #6, as Stone is #5. Not sure how that one could be confused.

I think Andersson surpasses Kulak in camp and the Anderstone pairing will be out3rd pair, with Ku7ak eating popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad