Speculation: Armchair GM/Rumors Thread v.18.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Star-Lord's busy.

Gaudreau's a phenom and phenom's get paid.

It'll either be 6yrs/~6.5M per or 8yrs/7.5M per.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Tarasenko contract sets the bar for how much you can really pay a star winger on their first big contract we we can do 8 years and under 60M it will be a good deal for the team

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Ugh, reading the goalie thread made me realize.. The 3 things this team desperately needs, were our 3 biggest assets for years. Top line physical RW, top 3/4 physical, solid defensive Dman, and a legit #1 goalie..

And that whole time we could never find a #1 centre and now we have two possibly #1 centres

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Downing's an aggressive defender. Like maybe too aggressive. Treliving/Burkie had some interest in Wegwerth. (At least in 2014). Downing probably has top 4 potential Wegwerth probably has Bollig 2.0 potential. Just two mean kids. IMO you can never have too many mean kids...

Hartnell's contract is 1 year longer and about 1.5m more per season. Flames still get a great vet but get an increase in grit and production. While Columbus gets rid of Hartnell's contract and saves about 1.5m/season.
They're terrible value for the other teams. Hartnell may make more for longer but he's still a top 6 forward and Stajan is a 3/4 tweener. Not to mention I think any team would take Prout over Wotherspoon.

No one will give up a first for Wideman, let alone add to it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Aren't you guys just dying to do "A combo of Jvr/Kadri/Bernier for Bennett and our 1st"
With how terrible Bernier has been they may be willing to move him for another bad contact.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Leafs scouting Flames hard - link

It's certainly possible I'm misreading this situation and the Leafs' link with Calgary isn't as strong as it looks. Like we mentioned, there could be reps from up to twelve teams at a game on any given night at this time of year. But I think this is at least worth keeping an eye on based on the titles of the guys we've talked about above, and the fact that both teams, as basement-dwellers, are likely looking to re-shape their franchises.
But I think this is at least worth keeping an eye on based on the titles of the guys we've talked about above, and the fact that both teams, as basement-dwellers, are likely looking to re-shape their franchises
the fact that both teams, as basement-dwellers, are likely looking to re-shape their franchises
giphy.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

That was an awesome post :laugh:

Smido or Stajan for Bernier. Let's make it happen BT. (I'd say Raymond, but they'd have to be scouting Stockton for that).

With the hopes Bernier can turn it around. If not, buying out Smid is like the greatest thing this team can do this summer.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames scouting Leafs-Rangers game tonight

CbiOmVmUkAAXbaA.jpg:small

A lot of leafs-flames scouting going on it seems.

Aug 21, 2014
They're terrible value for the other teams. Hartnell may make more for longer but he's still a top 6 forward and Stajan is a 3/4 tweener. Not to mention I think any team would take Prout over Wotherspoon.

No one will give up a first for Wideman, let alone add to it.

Something something flat cap. Something something 35+ point d-man.

:sarcasm:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames scouting Leafs-Rangers game tonight

A lot of leafs-flames scouting going on it seems.

Bernier had a pretty mediocre night. Although the Leafs are suppose to be a rebuilding team, they're tanking with mostly vets and journeymen :laugh: there's really no one that played tonight for the Leafs that I was like "hmm, he'd look good in Flames red."

I'm thinking it's Bernier for a cap dump with some other junk moving around at best. Smido going the other way.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It's interesting, but I don't know what deal is to be had that benefits both teams during a rebuild.

With the mention of Hunter and Dubas scouting the Flames it would not surprise me to hear a significant trade.

Wideman and/or Smid would help stabilize the Leaf D. You have to know Bernier would be coming back the other way. Now what is more interesting is there would likely be some prospects swapping places. Toronto would be looking at D so that would likely bring Kulak, Wotherspoon, Morrison, or Sieloff into the equation.

On Toronto's side there is Soshinkov and Kapanen. Wideman or Smid would have more value than Bernier which might give the Flames access to one of the right wingers with one of the better Flames D prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad