Speculation: Armchair GM - Offseason Thread (Summer Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Anyone have projections on what are lines will be with Fantilli now playing for CBJ this fall ? As far as goalie , anyone think we could trade Boquist for a hot shot goalie prospect , behind an established starter ?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I really like Korpi and think he is better than his stats have indicated due to not getting reliable starts, injury, and poor team play in front of him.

That said, there isn't a goalie in this league I would be comfortable giving a 5 year deal to aside from Vasilevsky or Helleybuck and even then Helle is pushing it...

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I really like Korpi and think he is better than his stats have indicated due to not getting reliable starts, injury, and poor team play in front of him.

That said, there isn't a goalie in this league I would be comfortable giving a 5 year deal to aside from Vasilevsky or Helleybuck and even then Helle is pushing it...
Sorokin seems pretty safe too

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone have projections on what are lines will be with Fantilli now playing for CBJ this fall ?
My own dumb projection:
Gaudreau - Fantilli - Marchenko
Jenner - Johnson - Laine
Texier - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Foudy - Kuraly - Olivier
Robinson
Voronov in the AHL

Notes: I really believe Johnson will come into camp in the fall looking like a center. He has a lot of physical maturing to do. That said, Jenner is next to him to take faceoffs if he can with his back. I also like breaking up Gaudreau and Laine - I think they perform best apart and force teams to choose.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
My own dumb projection:
Gaudreau - Fantilli - Marchenko
Jenner - Johnson - Laine
Texier - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Foudy - Kuraly - Olivier
Robinson
Voronov in the AHL

Notes: I really believe Johnson will come into camp in the fall looking like a center. He has a lot of physical maturing to do. That said, Jenner is next to him to take faceoffs if he can with his back. I also like breaking up Gaudreau and Laine - I think they perform best apart and force teams to choose.
That lineup calls for a vet 2C

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sorokin seems pretty safe too
I was considering Sorokin but am hesitant on how he would perform on a team besides NYI.

That lineup calls for a vet 2C
If we can get a decent one cheaply, maybe. But again I'm projecting Johnson to get stronger this summer and think he has the vision and poise to play center.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My gosh, listening to TSN broadcasters on this FA telecast reminds me how bad the ESPN crew is.

Reactions: MAHJ71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad