Armchair GM IV: What do you mean Internal Cap???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
Q is anything but a pylon. He used to be, but has made huge strides. He is a top four defenseman now.

It is your op, but I disgaree completely. He's a tough and rugged dude who isn't afraid to get nasty. His play has elevated from pylon status to very good. Not sure how you don't see it. I see a lot of other posters finally giving him props too. He's a defensively built player. He's not gonna gamble like Green. He plays simple defense and is not gonna make any big plays except in his own zone.

He should be resigned for a couple more years at a decent cost.

People get stuck on what he was traded for and Babcock's misuse of him when he first got back here. Once he stopped pairing him with Smith, Quincey has been one of our three most consistent/best defenseman.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm hearing Pulk and Smith for Loui...

Just can't see the Bruins trading Loui to a divisional opponent like Detroit for Smith and Pulk would think they would want something better. Probably could do better elsewhere i wonder how reliable this Pat Caputo is. They were mentioning teams interested in Loui if the Bs can't resign him and it didn't sound like Detroit was one of them just curious.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
First time I've ever seen caputo as some kind of wings source. He's always been a tigers guy. Weird to see a rumor from him.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If it were true that we would be giving up Smith+Pookie and a 2nd rounder for Loui hopefully that includes an extension that would still be pretty expensive for a rental sounds like he's seeking 6x6 from the Bruins can't see Holland offering him that much though.

A signed young defenseman, a RFA who is NHL capable and has barely been given a shot, and a 2nd? For a rental? To a rival?

Keep the 2nd.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
A signed young defenseman, a RFA who is NHL capable and has barely been given a shot, and a 2nd? For a rental? To a rival?

Keep the 2nd.

Keep the RFA and make it a third. No matter what Loui isn't a great idea, he wants years and money and is on the wrong side of 30.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
Brodin's name prominent in trade rumors, especially since it was linked to offer for Ryan Johansen earlier this season. But...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
...MIN isn't shopping him or trying to move him as much as fielding inquiries from teams eager to get 22 year old Top 4 D with $4.16 AAV.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
Brodin's name prominent in trade rumors, especially since it was linked to offer for Ryan Johansen earlier this season. But...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
...MIN isn't shopping him or trying to move him as much as fielding inquiries from teams eager to get 22 year old Top 4 D with $4.16 AAV.

If I were KH I would make this happen. Anyone but Larkin, Svech or Mrazek should be on the table, and I mean anyone.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I would do the erikson deal but not with a 2nd

Who cares if we dont sign him, it clears cap and two roster spots for next year and makes us deeper this spring

We would have to trade.for a depth dman though, cant have ouellet as our 7th..

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I would do the erikson deal but not with a 2nd

Who cares if we dont sign him, it clears cap and two roster spots for next year and makes us deeper this spring

We would have to trade.for a depth dman though, cant have ouellet as our 7th..

Pulks, Smith, and the unretianed Kindl basically pays for Abdelkader.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He's meh. Not wonderful but right time to time.

Was wondering how he is, Have seen Wing fans on other sites as well suggesting from 97.1 the Ticket that Detroit was after Loui but yet haven't seen them linked to him in any way shape or form. I've seen possibly St Louis, Minnesota, Anaheim as possible suitors but nothing about Detroit being in on him.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Was wondering how he is, Have seen Wing fans on other sites as well suggesting from 97.1 the Ticket that Detroit was after Loui but yet haven't seen them linked to him in any way shape or form. I've seen possibly St Louis, Minnesota, Anaheim as possible suitors but nothing about Detroit being in on him.

I wouldn't trust him, he's a Tigers' guy and a middle of the road one at that. The trade seems like a weird one on both sides.

Loui to Detroit seems like an NHL15 trade.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I wouldn't trust him, he's a Tigers' guy and a middle of the road one at that. The trade seems like a weird one on both sides.

Loui to Detroit seems like an NHL15 trade.

Yeah this is pretty much my thinking as well, Loui in Detroit would be a waste if Detroit was a legit cup contending team right now that would be one thing but since we're not adding Loui to the team short term makes absolutely zero sense.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Smith, Pulkkinen and a pick for an upgrade on D, I would do. But who's out there for that price, Enstrom? Not interested. Brodin? It's a high price for someone still on IR.
Or, if a UFA forward has some intentions to stay and sign after, I would do Eriksson too. Continue the Swedish mafia connection :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad