Pre-Game Talk: Arizona/Nashville Series (Livin' The Bubble Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Seems rather dumb to not take the nicest room on some stupid principle but YMMV.

Those two hate each other. That’s enough to know.

League was either nuts or genius (depending on how you want to look at it) for scheduling that exhibition game.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Those two hate each other. That’s enough to know.

League was either nuts or genius (depending on how you want to look at it) for scheduling that exhibition game.
So what?? If I hate the other guy I want his better space. So for these playoffs the Flames are gonna take a lesser room because they hate the Oilers? Yeah that's next level dumb.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We get to dress an extra F and D tomorrow so one of Hayton/Grabner and likely Oesterle will also get into the lineup.

OEL Demers
Chychrun Goligoski
Hjalmarsson Bush

Those were the D pairings last I read, but it also sounds like they moved Hammer back to RD and have been experimenting with OEL/Hammer.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wouldn't be surprised if Soderstrom makes it over Bush or Toaster. Watched some of the games tonight and it seems like clubs are playing their young guys for exposure and evaluation purposes.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I think it was smart to do the exhibition matchups against the rivals. It gets teams back into the spirit of things quicker so your team is ready for a serious game the very next one.

Oh, and I've changed my tune a bit on the piped in crowd sounds as it may help teams on the benches to cover their tactical discussions.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Coyotes Announce 'Howl From Home' Viewing Experience For Qualifying Round

(CAUTION: "HowlYeah.Live" contains a live link that takes you to a sign-up page. )

Fans will have access to a unique second screen experience which will feature elements of the in-arena experience, a virtual watch party as well as the chance to play predictive gaming and win Coyotes prizes.
Fans can access the Howl from Home experience at HowlYeah.Live.

The in-arena experience will allow fans to turn their second screen into the scoreboard at Gila River Arena. Viewers will be able to enjoy all their favorite parts of a Coyotes home game. Fans can also play Yotes Trivia during intermission with the chance to win numerous Coyotes prizes.

The watch party component will allow fans to share in the excitement of postseason hockey with other Coyotes fans. Former Coyotes players and current media personalities as well as local celebrities will make appearances throughout the games.

Former Coyotes goaltender Sean Burke will chat with fans during the game on August. 2, while former defensemen Zbynek Michalek (August 4) and Cale Hulse (August 5) will also participate.

The Coyotes will be introducing "Yotes Play", the free-to-play, new predictive game. With "Yotes Play", Coyotes fans will respond to predictive style questions on their mobile device throughout each game. Fans will receive real-time results as the game unfolds, earning "Coyotes Cash" for each correct response. The real-time leaderboard will showcase the top performers and Coyotes-themed prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of each game.

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Well Preds look pretty sharp. Dallas has a lot less to play for in the exhibition games than the play-in teams, but Nashville's system looks in place already.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The Coyotes lines - brought to you by:

upload_2020-7-31_15-27-28.png

Just as no one will see your teeth being straightened, neither will you see hockey being played with any intensity.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think we are very fortunate to have lined up versus Nashville. I think we match up well and we have had their number for some time. Guys like Kessel also have had some of their best games versus Nashville over their career. I think Kuemper will be the difference over the Nashville goaltending.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One other thing, Nashville's PP is terrible, and our PK actually doesn't suck, so we really just need to hold them at even strength.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Schmaltz seemed pretty hellbent on being back on his bullshit anyway. So I really don’t care. When Schmaltz decides to get on his beach cruiser, he’s really not more impactful than Hinostroza or Fischer.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How many of them are in Edmonton? I’d guess not many since it required two weeks of quarantine in a hotel room (Sarah McLellan did it because she’s originally from there)
Man, if only we could travel to the future to produce a handheld device for personal communication across distances so journalists could do their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad