Seravalli: Arizona looking to improve their roster, will not be taking cap dumps or trading Keller/Schmaltz/Crouse

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
in all seriousness, I wonder if this has to do with making Arizona attractive to Logan Cooley?
Well he did go back to school over likely making the team this fall even though he likely has no real need and no real challenge already at the university level.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How about winning a national title? Is that not a real challenge?
Maybe you are right but I find it hard to believe after 60 point rookie season he would give up over $1M in the NHL to go back just to possibly win an NCAA title. Especially with the bonuses that could bring it up to $3M.

I find it more plausible that he is trying to avoid the crap in Arizona until he knows more about the future of the franchise and where they are going.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe you are right but I find it hard to believe after 60 point rookie season he would give up over $1M in the NHL to go back just to possibly win an NCAA title. Especially with the bonuses that could bring it up to $3M.

I find it more plausible that he is trying to avoid the crap in Arizona until he knows more about the future of the franchise and where they are going.
Completely agree. As a Wisconsin fan (rival to Cooley’s team), I would have preferred he leave for the NHL.

I have questions on if he wants to play for Arizona at all. They need to figure out the rink situation and put forth a winning team. Looks like they are trying to do the second one at least.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

As an AZ fan I don’t know how I feel about abandoning a rebuild when we’re half way through, so hopefully not a huge summer when it comes to big name acquisitions.

Gallagher, Armia and Hoffman are good veterans to have to surround your younger players.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
But here's the thing...

With how bad their roster is, just about any cap dump in the league (that is still an NHL player) still represents a roster upgrade for the yotes.

So really, they can still do both, add cap dumps (for draft/prospect capital) and improve their roster. Win-win, no?

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
They have been looking for the past ten years at least. They should blow it up and trade Shea Weber for some picks while he still has value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad