rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Name: Trent
Hometown: Chandler, AZ
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Favorite TV show: The Wire (all time), Breaking Bad (current), Always Sunny (syndicated)
Favorite food: All food. I have three hobbies; eating, drinking, Coyotes
Favorite Coyote: Doan (obvious), Boedker (less obvious)
Favorite non-Coyote: Stamkos
Next or other favorite team: Michigan Wolverines
How else is hockey in your life?: Huh? I'm obviously obsessed and you want more?
Favorite Coyotes moment: Handshake line in Chicago series (television), Doan hattrick (live)
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I watched the very first Coyotes game ever on television. I have not stopped since.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Name: Brandon
Hometown: Radford, VA. Though I was born in Payson, AZ, also lived in Chandler and Flagstaff
Height: 5'9
Weight: 180
Favorite TV show: Lost
Favorite food: Mexican, Italian, American. I'm not very picky
Favorite Coyote: Korpikoski
Favorite non-Coyote: ....
Next or other favorite team: Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamonbacks, West Virginia University Football and basektball, University of Virginia football and basketball
How else is hockey in your life?: Just a fan that follows hockey.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Finally getting past the first round of the playoffs. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off the team's shoulders
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: When the Team moved to Arizona I've always been a fan and tried to follow as well as I could from the East coast. It helped to be able to get center ice.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Name: Stephane
Hometown: Metz, France
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170
Favorite TV show: the wire, breaking bad, flight of the conchords
Favorite food: seared foie gras, snails, bacon cheeseburgers
Favorite Coyote: Boedker, Ekman-Larsson, Doan
Favorite non-Coyote: ever? Forsberg. Current? Datsyuk
Next or other favorite team: none
How else is hockey in your life?: played hockey for 7 years as a kid. My stepson played at the ice den for a few years, where I got to briefly meet Roenick, Burke, Doan and others.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Boucher's record (live). That was pretty cool. Roenick coming back on the ice with a shattered jaw.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: my #1 priority when I landed in the US in '98 was attending a live NHL game.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Name: Rob

Thank God. I thought I was the only one within 10 years of myself in here.

Name: Stuart
Hometown: Titusville FL (home of Daniel Tosh, Cris Collinsworth)
Height: 5' 9
Weight: 163
Favorite TV show: Top Gear UK version (it truly might be the best show ever made, full stop)
Favorite food: Depends on the mood
Favorite Coyote: Doan
Favorite non-Coyote: Briere
Next or other favorite team: Lightning
Non-hockey team: Florida Gators (also D-backs, Magic, Rams)
How else is hockey in your life?: Took up sport at 35; Play in beer leagues 3x weekly, including a 35+ team called Dirty Old Men, hence the nickname
Favorite Coyotes moment: Attending Pacific Division clinching game in St. Paul last April (see avatar)
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Long story, but I adopted the Jets in 1981 as the team closest to where I was born (Grand Forks ND - moved to Florida at age 2), then I moved here, then they did. If that's not fate I don't know what is.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Name: Matt
Hometown: Moncton, NB
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215
Occupation: I run a series of sports websites (including this hockey one)
Favorite TV show: Not sure that I have A favourite, but I watch a lot of Discovery and the History Channel
Favorite food: Probably pizza
Favorite non-Coyote: Khabibulin. My favourite player all time
Next or other favorite team: Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). Not only are they in my hometown, but they've produced a lot of Coyotes recently including Josh Tordjman, Keith Yandle, Brandon Gormley and now James Melindy.
Non-hockey team: Green Bay Packers
How else is hockey in your life?: Besides running that website, I played A level hockey as a kid, then high school, then beer league up until our team folded a couple of years ago. Now I just play pick up hockey a couple times a week.
Favorite Coyotes moment: The run last year and Kolanos goal vs. Roy
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Been a fan since the Jets when I was a kid. Before we got the Wildcats here, the Jets farm team was here. I got to see a lot of NHLers pass through here on their way to the bigs including a few Coyotes like Bob Essensa, etc.

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
Name: Scott
Hometown: Flint, Mich
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 2 Fity
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones, Into the Universe with Steven Hawking
Favorite food: Hot Wings
Favorite non-Coyote: Rinne
Next or other favorite team: Nashville, U of Michigan.
Non-hockey team: D-Backs
How else is hockey in your life?: Always looking forward to the release of the next hockey game for the PS3, and NHL Center Ice
Favorite Coyotes moment: First game in Phoenix, Doan hat trick
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?:Was in Phoenix when the team arrived, and Sega NHL 96.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Name: Olof
Hometown: Lund, Sweden
Height: 180 cm/5'11"
Weight: 79 kg/174 lbs
Occupation: Economics student at Lund University. Extra job delivering newspapers.
Favorite TV show: I rarely watch TV. I prefer sports, movies, internet and books as my source for entertainment.
Favorite food: Crayfish
Favorite Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite non-Coyote: All time? Peter Forsberg. Active? John Tavares.
Next or other favorite team: Malmö Redhawks
Non-hockey team: Malmö FF, Newcastle United. I follow the NFL but I don't really have a favorite team.
How else is hockey in your life?: I try to watch local games from time to time. I never played organized hockey myself. My dad was of the opinion that you shouldn't play hockey in the south so I had to settle for soccer and track, haha.
Favorite Coyotes moment: My first Coyotes game live, which also happened to be game five against the Predators in last year's playoffs.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: As a kid I collected hockey cards and I fell in love with that awesome kachina coyote in the late 90's. I was just a casual fan though until I got access to the games on TV five or six years ago.

Deputy Dawg

Jan 19, 2013
Name: Stephane
Favorite Coyotes moment: Boucher's record (live). That was pretty cool. Roenick coming back on the ice with a shattered jaw.

Yeah, that was amazing. I was at that game. My wife and I had to leave during the 2nd OT to pick up my baby daughter. As soon as we hit the concourse, St. Louis scored and ended the series. I've blamed myself for that loss ever since...

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
I love the setup of this site; I didn't know it was yours, great job. I checked it often through the lockout to watch old Coyotes games, really user friendly.

I couldn't get the CBC links to work, but that is on them. Thanks.

Hey thanks. It's a tonne of work to keep those archives updated and the networks tend to only leave stuff on their servers for so long, so admittedly there's a lot that falls through the cracks. It's good to see that it's being put to use though :)

OKCDevil

May 8, 2012
PHX North Valley
Name: Jay
Hometown: Oklahoma City
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215
Favorite TV show: MASH, Seinfeld, Dallas (all time); Dallas, Last Man Standing (current)
Favorite food: Cheeseburgers, cereal, pizza
Favorite Coyote: Doan, Boulin Wall, Tkachuk
Favorite non-Coyote: Ever? Forsberg. Current? None at the moment.
Next or other favorite team: College - Arizona St.; MLB - Cardinals; NFL - Broncos; NBA - Thunder; Blues/Avs if Coyotes disappear (regional teams; can't stomach supporting the Stars)
How else is hockey in your life?: I go to OKC Barons games when I can.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Last year's playoff run
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Out in the Valley on business and finally went to a game in 2007. Had a blast.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Name: Tom
Hometown: Muskegon, MI
Height: 180 cm/6'1"
Weight: 79 kg/170 lbs
Occupation: Engineer, Honeywell. An engineer could do a lot worse.
Favorite TV show: The Office, all time probably Northern Exposure.
Favorite food: Steak
Favorite Coyote: Radim Vrbata
Favorite non-Coyote: Active: Ovechkin, All-time: Gretzky
Next or other favorite team: Red Wings (a distant second)
Non-hockey team: D-Backs, Cardinals
How else is hockey in your life?: Play roller in a beer league twice per week, has been my favorite sport since I was a mite.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Advancing to Conference Finals last season.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I had been living here for 11 years when the team arrived, patiently awaiting an NHL team that entire time.[/QUOTE]

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
NAME: Ted - that's what it said on my very first roster :)
HOMETOWN: Aurora, Illinois
HEIGHT: 6' 3"
WEIGHT: 215
FAVORITE TV SHOW: Shameless
FAVORITE FOOD: Beef Roladen
FAVORITE COYOTE: Martin Hanzal / keith yandle / Boeds, hell I don't know.
FAVORITE NON-COYOTE: all time - Bobby Clarke, current - pavel Datsyuk
NEXT OTHER FAVORITE TEAM: Chicago Blackhawks
NON-HOCKEY TEAM: Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs,
HOW ELSE IS HOCKEY IN YOUR LIFE: Played up through Central Hockey League and coached at many levels
FAVORITE COYOTES MOMENT: Hard to pick one, but back around 01 or 02 we were down something like 4-0 to the kings and came back to win.
HOW AND WHEN DID YOU BECOME A COYOTE FAN: When I moved to this beautiful valley in 2001

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
Name: Al
Hometown: Philly
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 245
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite food: Steamed Maryland Blue Crab
Favorite Coyote: No favorite. Is that weird?
Favorite non-Coyote: Houndog Kelly Flyers 70-80
Next or other favorite team: Flyers
How else is hockey in your life?: Played as a kid
Favorite Coyotes moment: Last year's playoff run
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Moved to AZ in 88 and waited it out while watching Roadrunners [/QUOTE]

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Very cool, guys.

Looks like I am the youngest member on our board :innocent:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
True that it is old but I figured it would save time for anyone who didn't want to re-type their info. Nice to look at memory lane though.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Very cool, guys.

Looks like I am the youngest member on our board :innocent:

Not quite.

Name: Steven
Hometown: Mesa
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 155
Favorite TV show: Beavis and Butthead
Favorite food: Bar food (wings, burgers etc.), Me
Favorite Coyote: Past: Keith Tkachuk and Jeremy Roenick, Current: Radim Vrbata
Favorite non-Coyote: Pavel Datsyuk
Next or other favorite team: Avs, Preds, Cats and any stolen Canadian or non-traditional team.
How else is hockey in your life?: Loved playing street hockey with the neighborhood kids when I was young.
Favorite Coyotes moment: First whiteouts, beating Chicago, winning center ice tickets at an old Coyotes Carnival in 1998.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan? My big bro and I were Red Wings fans for about 6 months right before the Coyotes moved to Phoenix, since they were the highest rated team in NHL 96 for the Sega Genesis. Then our neighbors across the street took us to the first Red Wings game in 1996 with their season tickets and me and my family all wore Red Wings gear to the game. By about the 2nd. period we changed allegiance permanently and all bought Coyotes threads.

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Name: Kenny (Shiloh)
Hometown: Mesa, AZ
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite food: Italian
Favorite Coyote: OEL, Vermette, Boedker
Favorite non-Coyote: Duchene
Next or other favorite team: I like Philly and Colorado
How else is hockey in your life?: Played growing up. I was the goon.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2009 Playoffs Debut :nod:
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: i became a fan in a very sentimental way. I had a rough childhood in which i lost connection to both of my parents to drugs and prison. I was emancipated at age 12, and started jumping from household to household trying to find a permanent home with my little sister by my side. I started military training around the same age (12) through specific programs, and met a war veteran who saw my situation and became our surrogate grandfather. My sister and i were not in good homes, environments, or neighborhoods, so he took action and bought us season tickets to the Coyotes, since he knew i played hockey, and he was already a season ticket holder. The Coyotes became my safe haven, they literally saved me from a lot. I will never forget how i became a fan, and i owe it all to a great, selfless man who took my sister and I as if were his own. He passed right before the start of last season, but his legacy lives on with the Coyotes in my eyes. May he rest in peace, and go Yotes!

EDIT: Saw the other biography thread from a while ago, like the picture idea, gives a face to the name. rt, you're a party animal! New category.

Face to the name:
331j38j.jpg

Last edited:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Name: Paul
Hometown: Home is where the Air Force sends you (brat)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 220
Favorite TV show: South Park, ESPN (not really a show, more of a way of life...)
Favorite food: cold Buck Bash hot dogs
Favorite Coyote: Smith
Favorite non-Coyote: Selanne/Thomas/Lundqvist
Next or other favorite team: Ohio State Buckeyes, New York Jets
How else is hockey in your life?: Never lived in a location that was cold enough or first world enough to have a hockey rink. Played lacrosse when growing up in the east coast, and the two are similar enough in nature
Favorite Coyotes moment: Watching win against MIN live to clinch Pacific and Game 1 of 2010 playoffs v Detroit
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Not really sure. Started to watch more games in college and wanted to get tickets for games as my salary increased. Went to a few games live 5 years ago, and STH since (although my interest in the game has been present for a much longer time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad