Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What's some interesting stuff to do in Tempe on a Wednesday morning/afternoon?

Not gonna bother to rent a car for my trip but happy to Uber or walk wherever.

Can walk down the Tempe Town Lake to see where TED would have been haha.
Mill street is the college downtown strip but has some sights and restaurants. Four Peaks is a staple. Oh there's a Matts Big Breakfast on Tempe Town Lake too which is delicious. On the opposite end of where TED would have been.

Climb A Mountain, nice little hike that will give you a good view (BRING WATER)

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Someone should do a J. Peterman Reality Bus Tour of all the would-be sites of Coyotes arenas.

Can walk down the Tempe Town Lake to see where TED would have been haha.
Mill street is the college downtown strip but has some sights and restaurants. Four Peaks is a staple. Oh there's a Matts Big Breakfast on Tempe Town Lake too which is delicious. On the opposite end of where TED would have been.

Climb A Mountain, nice little hike that will give you a good view (BRING WATER)

I'd love this. Are there other ones besides Camelback?

Reactions: che and ck26

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Someone should do a J. Peterman Reality Bus Tour of all the would-be sites of Coyotes arenas.

I'd love this. Are there other ones besides Camelback?
Piestewa Peak. I hike it twice a week. It's a 45 minute workout though and not for beginners but the view is incredible. North Mountain and Papago are a couple more that are easier and shorter. Superstition and South Mountain are other options. Superstition is way east valley though. There are many more.

Reactions: Mosby

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I haven't been following the NHL much since leaving the country 3 years ago, but just saw that after 28 years of struggle the team is finally moving for real. Looks like a lot of the old timers are still around, so I figured I'd drop in before this forum gets shut down to say thanks to everyone here for providing a very fun community. I followed the team ardently during my 22 years in the US like you all, and for 16 years this forum taught me a great deal about all things hockey.

I'm sad to see the team go, but it's been a great ride, and Yotes fans were the smartest, most knowledgeable and loyal sports addicts I've ever met.

Good luck to you all in your future endeavors. Ahooooooo!!!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I was all set to do some stuff outside this weekend, clean up the yard plant the grass do the spring thing. Now I have a muscle strain I have to rest so all I can do is sit here and read stupid shit about this whole mess :laugh:
Mine is the wife and her all her doctor visits.

HOA is ragging at me about my side gate not having all the same color boards on them. Nevermind it’s been like that for two years before they complained.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Mine is the wife and her all her doctor visits.

HOA is ragging at me about my side gate not having all the same color boards on them. Nevermind it’s been like that for two years before they complained.
Sad as this is, that might be the most manly thing I've ever done, besides playing ice hockey of course, replace all those boards in a side gate. Had to go to Home Depot, have them cut the wood, buy all the hardware, and most importantly (and what made it manly), go buy and subsequently use a drill, on craigslist. It turned out well enough, anyway, that you couldn't notice any defects from the street.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sad as this is, that might be the most manly thing I've ever done, besides playing ice hockey of course, replace all those boards in a side gate. Had to go to Home Depot, have them cut the wood, buy all the hardware, and most importantly (and what made it manly), go buy and subsequently use a drill, on craigslist. It turned out well enough, anyway, that you couldn't notice any defects from the street.

I’ve been building and putting shit together since I had my set of Lincoln Logs and American Plastic Bricks. :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I’ve been building and putting shit together since I had my set of Lincoln Logs and American Plastic Bricks. :laugh:
Yeah, I know, it's sad. But my dad was never into that sort of thing, for various reasons, so I never got into it, etc. etc.

But, my first roommate after I moved out of my parents' house was worse. I remember going to an Ace hardware store, buying a few items, and my friend says "oh yeah I need to hang up a frame", so he grabs a nail. One. I pay for my stuff, he comes up behind me. Cashier looks at him funny and says "that's it? one nail?" "Yeah, that's all I need!" Cashier says "hit the pike, pal!" and sends him on his way with a complimentary nail.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
My dad can barely change a lightbulb. Me, exact opposite. I build stuff with wood. Lately it's been kayaks and canoes. Next up will be a 15' sailboat.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I read that the existing Coyotes personnel will form a new expansion team in SLC, meaning the Coyotes will suspend operations pending completion of a new arena.

Since the Utah team will take the place of the Coyotes in the Central the Coyotes will return to the Pacific upon reactivating.

It makes more sense for Utah to be in the Central and Arizona to be in the Pacific because SLC observes DST while Phoenix does not, which means currently the Central is a three-time zone division on a part-time basis, something the NHL had eliminated in 2013.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Boys in the Boat is a good movie. Deviates from the book to condense time and make it more 'Hollywood' but still retains the overall story line.

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Jul 2, 2015
Dont know what to write but, thank you all for contributing to this awesome forum.
I was a lurker for about 5 years before I registered and it's been my daily routine for so long to check in on this place. I'm an eternal optimist and I believe NHL hockey will return to the Valley. An era ends but another one start. If not the roster or hockey management is completely butchered I'll be along for the ride - I view it as a temporary fandom - until the Yotes is back in Phoenix one way or the other. I hope many of you will follow as well as a continuation of the good spirit of F40 and if not, I totally understand you. All the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad