Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
They have a better lease agreement with ASM than they had with IceEdge, and that's after paying 50 million in NHL ransom money. No matter how much they're making in profit, there's no way they're not better off relatively speaking than they were.

Good for them. I don't have to care about them anymore because all I'm worried about is that hundred acres in North Phoenix. 😁

Actually up until this past year it's been pretty much the same. Glendale is going to pour millions into it again, and then let ASM have the arena for pennies on the dollar on the back end. All the while they still have to pay off the original construction bonds.

What they're doing is essentially burying it all under the sand and putting a sign up that says "pristine beachfront property for sale..... cheap."

I know how you feel.... this is all just kicking dirt around. Which is why I put it here instead of the arena thread.

But if/when we get a third arena in the metro online........ it'll get interesting.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
MIG chillin with MIG's dogs watching MIG's alma mater advance to the Final Four. :highclap:

PXL_20240331_203200817.MP.jpg

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Does your golden’s nose turn brownish in the winter and then go back to blackish in the summer?

I haven't noticed that yet, but we have only had her since late August and she's only 10 months old.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Re
Boiler salesman.
Reminds me of the old rate, or job, in the Navy, BT, Boiler Technician. I never met one, but I did meet a HT, Hull Technician. He said he was carrying a waste pipe up a ladder well and all the pooh shot into his face.

Random military thoughts....

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
All jokes aside, we had a boiler go down on the USS Roosevelt right before we went through the Suez Canal. We were on water hours for weeks. Bottles of water were CODed in. This was right after 9/11, we were the 1st battle group to go into the Persian Gulf. Iranian gun ships ran at us in the Straights of Hormuz.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I don't watch women's basketball, so I just noticed the NCAA women play 4 qrtrs while the men play two halves. Weird.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
All jokes aside, we had a boiler go down on the USS Roosevelt right before we went through the Suez Canal. We were on water hours for weeks. Bottles of water were CODed in. This was right after 9/11, we were the 1st battle group to go into the Persian Gulf. Iranian gun ships ran at us in the Straights of Hormuz.
TR, the Big Stick...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Safe from the tornadoes last night. Phew! Never heard a tornado warning u til last night. A very ominous feeling!

I lived for a while at Fort Sill, OK, and we used to have tornado warnings every other day in the springs and summers. It never got any less freaky.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
What's weird to me is: coming from Florida, land of daily thunderstorms in summer and occasional cold fronts, where we'd get tornados infrequently, but they certainly occurred....coming to Arizona, where I think I've seen 1 warning in, what, 30 years? That's the great thing about Arizona, all you have to do is dodge the occasional wildfire or microburst and you're pretty much golden, natural-disaster wise.

Reactions: Jakey53

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Safe from the tornadoes last night. Phew! Never heard a tornado warning u til last night. A very ominous feeling!

That's good news! I am glued to the local news station(well, on the phone app), they cover severe weather here and give a heads up. I've gone into my little harry potter below the stairs room with my dog twice in the 3 years i've lived here. LEss than I was expecting, it's still freaky when the sirens go off.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time the tornado siren went off when I was at my buddy's house. We climbed the roof to see it until his mom made us go to the basement lol This was in Missouri.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad