GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Florida Panthers - 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Idealy, I think it will be bjugs getting first line C, trocheck with second line C, and Shore for 3rd line C. Keep the fourth as is because they have been great 4th line energy.
Although the only problem with Shore is that he would have to pass waivers if sent back down. And I recall Dale Tallon saying he would not do that, the next time he is up, he's up for good.
So if no Shore, then it could be Butler instead with Kopecky moving to C.
Really stinks losing Pirri and Barkov, but that's the game and we'll see how this team reacts. I do have much more confidence in Gallants "system" with respect to replacing injured players. Also thankful our D or goaltending didn't get hit, since that has been our strength, and I don't believe we have much, if any depth, at those positions.

Yea we would be ****ed if Lu got injured (Montoya is a great backup but thats all that he is and hes the only decent goalie in our system at the moment)

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
^ Since yesterday.

I thought the NHL had some kind of concussion protocol they had to go through before a player could return to the ice?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Seems like we've been playing the same game for the last two weeks.

No doubt:amazed: But I prefer the one LONG season game blended together versus those 1-2 goal lost leads late in the 3rd periods back in time to Luongo/Auld/Vokoun era teams. Those were frustrating times watching Bryan Allen type Dmen choking away pucks late in games.

This organization needs to start whining after games.

Yes, we've taken a lot of penalties, but the disparity is ridiculous so far. We've taken it in the ass so far this season, no question about it.

It's been a joke.

And I am out of club zero woo hoo Upshall.

:rant: I'm not.

Your boy.

McKenzie was the real hero of that play though. What a great couple of blocked shots.

Mackenzie has been a beast on that 4th line this year. Winning type plays.

Remember people were mad at that trade? :laugh:

I don't recall many (any) being mad at the Luongo trade.

I wasn't and I'm a huge Marky fan.

I agree with AG. Markstrom Rules and I (Markies two biggest fans here) were all for Markstrom being dealt IF it was ONLY for someone like Luongo who had 3-5 solid seasons left in the tank.

Did you mean to post this in the Vancouver section?

True.

Ya that pumped me up. I could hear them chanting and it sounded pretty loud even on TV. Especially after that Upshall goal, that was wicked.

The crowd was impressive in 2nd/particular 3rd period. Props to the diehards.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Me and Raiders guy will accept sorries on our guy Upshall now ;) He's not my fav guy on the team by any means, but in today's NHL he is very useful the odd bad penalty aside or not. His ideal spot is RW 3rd line, but he is useful in top6 with injuries and line juggling situations. The puck seems to be jumping over his stick a lot which is my concern. His energy and positional play is very good in my opinion.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Funny how Upshall got taken out by Gudas and didn't miss any time, then Pirri gets lambasted and boom, out indefinitely with a concussion. The gods are not pleased with us having a 3-2-3 record.

f161aaW.jpg

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
@hfialkov: Source tells me Panthers are brining up Trocheck and Grimadli and their neither injury to Bergy and Barky is serious. #FlaPanthers

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
@hfialkov: Source tells me Panthers are brining up Trocheck and Grimadli and their neither injury to Bergy and Barky is serious. #FlaPanthers

At first, all I read was the "injury to Bergy and Barky is serious" part and almost died

Jan 19, 2006
I was at the game last night and I've gotta say, even though there weren't many people in the stadium, it had some good energy. The fans really got into it starting in the second period and it was pretty loud for both goals and the "you suck" chants at the refs. It finally felt like a hockey game.

I think the dirty hit and Gudbranson's reaction to it really got everyone into the game.

It was good to show the players what is possible with a South Florida crowd if you give us reason to get excited.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I was at the game last night and I've gotta say, even though there weren't many people in the stadium, it had some good energy. The fans really got into it starting in the second period and it was pretty loud for both goals and the "you suck" chants at the refs. It finally felt like a hockey game.

What did you think of the hit? I say dirty, others have said clean. There's only a few available angles. Just looking for an opinion of someone who was there.

Jan 19, 2006
What did you think of the hit? I say dirty, others have said clean. There's only a few available angles. Just looking for an opinion of someone who was there.

Pretty much everyone around me was standing and screaming at the refs.

It looked dirty then and it still looks dirty.

It may have been inadvertent, but it was lazy and dangerous and deserves supplementary discipline.

If it doesn't happen (and it won't), 'us against the world' makes a good locker room mantra for the rest of the season.

This team could really use a chip on it's shoulder.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Pretty much everyone around me was standing and screaming at the refs.

It looked dirty then and it still looks dirty.

It may have been inadvertent, but it was lazy and dangerous and deserves supplementary discipline.

If it doesn't happen (and it won't), 'us against the world' makes a good locker room mantra for the rest of the season.

This team could really use a chip on it's shoulder.
Agree with everything.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

I'll be honest, and I didn't see the hit until there was a replay. I followed the puck when he shot it and saw his helmet go flying but never saw the contact. I watched the replay on Big Red and it was ugly. In my opinion, dirty 100%. There's no need to go for that kind of hit in that situation, just take the body. He targeted the head and followed through with the elbow. Everyone in the arena agreed it was dirty and some profanity started to fly and Gudbranson's response really got people into it. But surprise, no suspension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad