Post-Game Talk: Arizona at PATRIOTS - Had em all the way - Pats 20 Arizona 17 F - Staying Alive!!!!!

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
No, that's been a rule for a few years. You can't go back towards your own goalline and block someone.
Did not know this was the phrasing of the rule. Don't like it, but if that's the official rule, I guess the call makes more sense.

edit: replay shows the Patriot firmly planted himself, didn't change his momentum back towards their goal line, so I'm back to thinking the call was bull.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
wouldnt the key word be “blindside”. He stood his ground and dropped his shoulder

It doesn't technically have to be a "blindside". It's all about moving backwards towards his own goalline.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He didnt go back. He stopped and hit the guy

He stopped and his force was directed backwards. It was an easy call and I know that because I was screaming at my TV for him not to do that before he did. I've seen that same play called a bunch of times on interceptions.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He stopped and his force was directed backwards. It was an easy call and I know that because I was screaming at my TV for him not to do that before he did. I've seen that same play called a bunch of times on interceptions.

How is there a force if he stopped?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Its a bad call. That rule was not put in.place for that type of hit

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Cam had 10 yards of open field to run, Harry was also wide open. Instead of taking either of those options, Cam motions Harry to go deeper and deeper until he is covered and throws it away

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
When two players commit penalties against each other it should just count as a down played. Replaying the down gives the advantage to the offense there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad